onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

8 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

Smart signing is Edmondson. He’s out of contract in the summer, and there is a very slim chance of him going back to Leeds and earning a new contract. So, if he plays well and scores the goals, we have a great chance of signing him permanently. 

For me, we are an experienced ST and CB away from a real push for the top 3. I think we will get both of these. 

It could all be rumours, but I’ve heard numerous times that we have paid a 6 figure fee for ST scoring goals at this level - before people jump on me, I’m not on about Telford because there is zero chance of that happening. Let’s see what happens.

Nevertheless, happy with Edmondson and I firmly believe it’s an upgrade on Lloyd. 

Looking at the strikers scoring this season Beesley as Rochdale are not in great shape financially or maybe one of the Harrogate strikers?

Advert

8 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Looking at the strikers scoring this season Beesley as Rochdale are not in great shape financially or maybe one of the Harrogate strikers?

I still can’t make my mind up from the Rochdale game if Beesley is class or Martin is inept.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Interesting from twitter, but why would he need to extend a loan that already goes to the end of the year? And why would we need an option to buy when he's already out of contract? Screenshot_20220105_083015.thumb.jpg.92905009f2432b7bce511019259354c2.jpg

You're right, none of this makes sense. 

His loan is until the end of the season anyway, Bolton just have a recall option.

181585_Screenshot2022-01-05at09_44_43.thumb.png.a0fb34ae63f842474ada9e138c707d95.png

There is no purpose in a 'make permanent' option as his contract is up in June anyway, and we can just get him for free. Of course, there is no guarantee he will sign with us when he is a free agent.

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

His loan is until the end of the season anyway, Bolton just have a recall option.

181585_Screenshot2022-01-05at09_44_43.thumb.png.a0fb34ae63f842474ada9e138c707d95.png

There is no purpose in a 'make permanent' option as his contract is up in June anyway, and we can just get him for free. Of course, there is no guarantee he will sign with us when he is a free agent.

He is under 24 so would potentially command a fee.

Spending 6 figures on a striker doesn't sit right with what the process is trying to achieve, considering the interview DC gave to the national newspapers saying they won't be paying anyone more than 1.8k. Telford/Beesley/whoever will want more than that if we're splashing out on them.

43 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Is it maybe a clause that he gets offered a permanent contract if he makes a certain number of appearances? 

Politic is an excellent foil to our existing forwards for a definite promotion push. He offers something different in so much that he has an explosive shot from anywhere, he causes mayhem in opposing defences, he is very difficult to man mark and  he certainly has a goal or two in him. We need him to add to opposing teams headaches in trying to assess how we are going to play. I, for one feel he is what we require when we play in Division 1.

22 minutes ago, Jgpvfc said:

I think we should look to offload Rodney and maybe Martin if we can bring in a decent CB.

Can’t see Martin being the CB to go (if one is to go that is).  Rodney is on a long contract and could potentially make us money, I think we’ll hold on to him. 

31 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Spending 6 figures on a striker doesn't sit right with what the process is trying to achieve, considering the interview DC gave to the national newspapers saying they won't be paying anyone more than 1.8k. Telford/Beesley/whoever will want more than that if we're splashing out on them.

Maybe the right player for the process commands a 6 figure fee? 

I’m not in anyway saying what I’ve heard is true, but I’ve heard this multiple times. 

I heard one loan player - initially I was led to believe it was Amond, but we’ve obviously signed Edmundson - and then a forward for a 6 figure fee. 

10 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

Maybe the right player for the process commands a 6 figure fee? 

I’m not in anyway saying what I’ve heard is true, but I’ve heard this multiple times. 

I heard one loan player - initially I was led to believe it was Amond, but we’ve obviously signed Edmundson - and then a forward for a 6 figure fee. 

Maybe the six figure fee includes the two to the right of the decimal place...

40 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Can’t see us offering 6 figures for anyone let alone another player in league 2. 

Dont rule it out if we sell Conlon but at the moment we wont but when/if we do it would be on someone we can make money on in the future,only my opinion

Archived