onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

Stockport aren't shy about flashing their wallets either but all four clubs are entitled to spend the cash when they are all getting gates over 8,000.

Not saying they aren't 😊
All can't be from gates though, as the only club with an average over 8.000 up until now, is Wrexham. Notts County nearly 7.000, helped a bit by their near 13.000 NL att. record, albeit at 5 quid a pop for adults though.
Stockport is just above 6.000, at 6.021 and Grimsby is at 6.079. That's the 4 biggest averages up until now. Very good crowds, granted! Especially for NL. 
But still paying wages, if rumors are true, somewhere between Championship and League 1. 
And knowing that everything is smaller in the NL; sponsorships (again maybe except Wrexham, as I believe that is Ryan Reynolds company?), TV money almost non existent even compared to L2 etc etc

So many clubs HAS to be very very well pumped up, by owners. Just hope, we don't see another Bury, as it's a very very VERY high stakes, low chance of outcome game, as there's only 2 promotion places, and what, 5-6-7 teams spending big big big money.

Time will tell I guess...

Advert

36 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

The nuts salaries in National league is a one season hit , hence the Wrexham Stockport etc gambling big this season .

Common sense at last!

But would've guessed a few clubs voted against it, ie. the once you've listed

2 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Not saying they aren't 😊
All can't be from gates though, as the only club with an average over 8.000 up until now, is Wrexham. Notts County nearly 7.000, helped a bit by their near 13.000 NL att. record, albeit at 5 quid a pop for adults though.
Stockport is just above 6.000, at 6.021 and Grimsby is at 6.079. That's the 4 biggest averages up until now. Very good crowds, granted! Especially for NL. 
But still paying wages, if rumors are true, somewhere between Championship and League 1. 
And knowing that everything is smaller in the NL; sponsorships (again maybe except Wrexham, as I believe that is Ryan Reynolds company?), TV money almost non existent even compared to L2 etc etc

So many clubs HAS to be very very well pumped up, by owners. Just hope, we don't see another Bury, as it's a very very VERY high stakes, low chance of outcome game, as there's only 2 promotion places, and what, 5-6-7 teams spending big big big money.

Time will tell I guess...

DV, Best sales pitch I've read that Vale should sign a Lge 1 Striker with a track record of scoring goals so that the chances of maintaining and even improving on this great start to the season are good.

I understand Vale have scored goals from all over the team this season but it doesn't hurt to add even more firepower. Hopefully Carol and the guys can come up with some contract magic.

Eoin Doyle looks pretty likely to leave Bolton during January according to Ian Evatt's latest comments. He is admitting that talks have been held with interested clubs but the most likely move to Ireland has hit a snag with the length of Doyle's contract at Bolton. They are obviously looking for a decent fee which could put off the Irish club as well as Vale for an almost 34 year old. His chances of starting are probably going to be pretty limited after Bolton signed Dion Charles.

48 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Obviously not one we'll look to sign but David Fitzpatrick has been released from Altrincham after doing a job providing cover for their injured players in the first half of the season.

And nothing against the lad but that sums up last seasons transfer incoming.

Acting as cover for Altrincham injuries!!

Him and Mills in unison was the worst full back pairing in living memory.  Yes we've had worse left backs but as a pairing that was as bad as I've seen.  

1 hour ago, capirex said:

Eoin Doyle looks pretty likely to leave Bolton during January according to Ian Evatt's latest comments. He is admitting that talks have been held with interested clubs but the most likely move to Ireland has hit a snag with the length of Doyle's contract at Bolton. They are obviously looking for a decent fee which could put off the Irish club as well as Vale for an almost 34 year old. His chances of starting are probably going to be pretty limited after Bolton signed Dion Charles.

Saw online , Stockport were in for him. Surely he won't drop that far ? 

23 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:
Saw online , Stockport were in for him. Surely he won't drop that far ? 

Why not? He's nearly 34 and this will probably be his last big contract. He's got nothing to prove either. I wouldn't bet against it

Good point. I can imagine there's a few league one/two clubs with some decent available cash who are interested also though.

Doyle is a strange one. He weighs in with goals that get teams promoted but plenty of the clubs he’s been at have been very eager to offload him. I don’t know if it’s a wage issue or if he’s a bit of a see you next Tuesday in the dressing room. 

Archived