onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

I remember Akpo Sodje scoring four at Rotherham.

Plenty of Vale fans have still got him higher up than Leon Constantine on their preferred striker list.

That's the Constantine who scored 12 in his first half season with us and then hit 20 before christmas the same year that Akpo did his thing.  Finishing that season on about 28 I think.

Mckirdy must have "something."

I don't really know what it is as he never did it here, for whatever reason.

All the best to him but we've moved on.

Advert

2 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

The one thing i took from pope's interview on ale n vale was how horrendous askey was at man managing and i believe that to be true. So everyone saying mckirdys attitude was this and that but what you have to remember is he barely had a sniff with us and then in the interview pope mentions about askey started on mckirdy for wearing a snude in training. So i think if any player is not getting any game time and the manager has clearly got it in for them i feel anyone would have a attitude towards a club. 

i think the fact hes gone to swindon and pretty much starts every week and seems to be loved there suggests that if you are able to manage him properly he does have a good attitude and will give his all. 

but there is always deffo two sides to the story so everyone sayinf hes got attitude problems there may be a valid reason for him being like that because if your employer doesn't treat you right your not going to give everything. 

following swindons socials hes turning into a loved key player for them which is nice to see as he clearly has talent and it would be a shame to see it go to waste

I think the fact that he was described as a 'circus' by the Carlisle manager after an 11 goal season suggests there are deeper issues. It clearly wasn't an issue specific to Vale, or even Askey, for all his managerial flaws. 

It may be that his ostracisation and release from Vale focused his mind, and he got lucky that Swindon were desperate for players due to their off-field situation. He grabbed his opportunity and good luck to him

7 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think the fact that he was described as a 'circus' by the Carlisle manager after an 11 goal season suggests there are deeper issues. It clearly wasn't an issue specific to Vale, or even Askey, for all his managerial flaws. 

It may be that his ostracisation and release from Vale focused his mind, and he got lucky that Swindon were desperate for players due to their off-field situation. He grabbed his opportunity and good luck to him

Perhaps he has matured and is in the right place at the right time, except when he plays against us.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Treating players as a commodity:

Adams - put the whole lot up for sale (the very definition of the word)

Askey - ruined Tom Popes life by treating him so badly according to Tom

Askey - binned of Ben Whitfield, who had the flair we apparently are desperate for, because he couldn’t control him

Askey - Deregistered McKirdy for the same reason

DC - built the BEST dressing room a number of the players have been involved in.

As for what I would rather watch… a well organised team with a win ratio of nearly 50% rather than a team at the bottom of the league that nearly got relegated 3 times with Monty making a flair run once every 9 games.

UTV

Good post apart from bit about Monty ,he was a excellent player for Vale I for one enjoyed his efforts UTV 

Mckirdeys had one good game and some people think we should have kept him. Typical really because some fans are more obsessed with what we didn’t do rather than what we did and how well  the new signings have done for us. 

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I just hope we all dont go in to meltdown if we dont sign Telford or another striker doing well in this league

Good point, Jan is a notoriously difficult time to find good players at the right price. 

I can’t see it being Telford at all.

People may be a little underwhelmed if that’s their expectations and as we know there is always a select special few willing to put the shoe into the club at any opportunity.

Hopefully the majority will see the merit of what we are trying to do.

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Mckirdeys had one good game and some people think we should have kept him. Typical really because some fans are more obsessed with what we didn’t do rather than what we did and how well  the new signings have done for us. 

I’m more encouraged by Northampton conceding 5.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Treating players as a commodity:

Adams - put the whole lot up for sale (the very definition of the word)

Askey - ruined Tom Popes life by treating him so badly according to Tom

Askey - binned of Ben Whitfield, who had the flair we apparently are desperate for, because he couldn’t control him

Askey - Deregistered McKirdy for the same reason

DC - built the BEST dressing room a number of the players have been involved in.

As for what I would rather watch… a well organised team with a win ratio of nearly 50% rather than a team at the bottom of the league that nearly got relegated 3 times with Monty making a flair run once every 9 games.

UTV

Adams putting the entire team in the transfer list was just brilliant management. He singled no-one out and gave them all the opportunity to prove him wrong.

Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

Adams putting the entire team in the transfer list was just brilliant management. He singled no-one out and gave them all the opportunity to prove him wrong.

Let's talk about Sam Morsy shall we?

I continue to find your attitude towards the manager to be a bit odd if I'm honest and just wonder what you'll be saying, or not, when we get promoted under DC.

Just now, Doha said:

Let's talk about Sam Morsy shall we?

I continue to find your attitude towards the manager to be a bit odd if I'm honest and just wonder what you'll be saying, or not, when we get promoted under DC.

Everyone makes mistakes, it is how you learn from them which counts. Am I not entitled to the opinion that Clarke is a mediocre manager? I like your optimism but I will be pleasantly surprised if we get promotion. 

33 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I am happy he left and dont think it was a mistake letting him go as it obviously wasnt working out for us. 

was more making the point that dont think askey was a good enough manager to make it work and then I think the situation was too far gone when clarkey came in for it to be salvaged

Archived