onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

51 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

There's talk on the socials that we'll be doing some eye catching business this January?

I think all we really need is a new CB

Any links you can post on here valeparklife?

I think this Jan has the potential to be a very interesting one… lots will depend on who leaves and how much we can get for them.

Advert

11 hours ago, valeparklife said:

There's talk on the socials that we'll be doing some eye catching business this January?

I think all we really need is a new CB

I take it that is just fans chatting??

I do think it will be quite busy and we know Carol wants promotion as does the management team so it will depend what we can afford and if we decide to go for it within reason.

My gut instinct is that Conlon will sadly leave(but that money will be spent),i think Legge could go,we have to try and keep Gibbo but it wouldn't be a shock to see him go as well(again money would be spent),so we could certainly see a few in this January

Anyone heard/seen any names banded about or linked to us? 

I see Wrexham are likely to be splashing the cash again in the national league, they've been linked with a couple of the top performers this season in that league Tahvon Campbell(winger at Woking) and Sbarra(midfielder at Solihull Moors).  Not sure we desparately need a player in either of those positions(although I always say you can never have too many players who can score goals) or we'd compete with Wrexham's clout but would be nice to be in with a chance of players of this ilk.

A CB and out and out striker you'd have thought would be top of the list.

30 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

Your a better fan than me never heard of either of these guys but I think Wrexham is a train wreck waiting to happen its proven you cant guarantee anything by spending big ( bury.derby.everton )

There are teams like Salford, Fleetwood and more that show it can be done if done right as well.  Wrexham have got a couple of mega rich owners that seem genuinely happy to own a football club. I would imagine they want to leave a legacy of success. 

11 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Does anyone know when Proctor/Wilson will be fit.?

It's all guesswork and surmising mate.

Wilson was Nov 13th which makes it 7 weeks this Saturday v Harrogate.  Then he's got to get back up to speed. Maybe early February? I'm no fracture expert so purely guessing. 

Proctor I sadly don't expect to see for a longer period.  

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Wilson was Nov 13th which makes it 7 weeks this Saturday v Harrogate.  Then he's got to get back up to speed. Maybe early February? I'm no fracture expert so purely guessing. 

ask the media dept!!

22 minutes ago, WV said:

There are teams like Salford, Fleetwood and more that show it can be done if done right as well.  Wrexham have got a couple of mega rich owners that seem genuinely happy to own a football club. I would imagine they want to leave a legacy of success. 

Wrexham also have the addition of historically a better fanbase than any of the recent bankrolled sides who have made league football.  Although they will get people who knock them if/when they get back in the league saying they've only achieved it because of the holywood pairs money, at least they have invested in a club with history and a fanbase.  I'm pleased for Wrexham's genuine supporters and they'd be more of an asset back in league football than some of the crappy away followings we get at Vale.

49 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

Your a better fan than me never heard of either of these guys but I think Wrexham is a train wreck waiting to happen its proven you cant guarantee anything by spending big ( bury.derby.everton )

Possibly but as WV has said their owners seem genuine so unless at some point they get bored or pull the plug, even then you'd think they'd do the decent thing and sell it to someone reputable. Time will tell I guess! 

Wrexham's genuine fans have been through some dire stuff(like ourselves) with poor owners and running of the club on and off the pitch so good luck to them in one sense(apart from if they should play Vale in the next few seasons of course!😁)

26 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Darren, i didn’t know that. I think we need to buy two forwards and a centre back, even though I’m no fan of the January transfer window. The reason being clubs don’t want to sell their decent players. I might have interpreted it wrongly, but the noise coming out of the club would suggest that they have everything in place to sign new players in January. 

2 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Anyone heard/seen any names banded about or linked to us? 

I see Wrexham are likely to be splashing the cash again in the national league, they've been linked with a couple of the top performers this season in that league Tahvon Campbell(winger at Woking) and Sbarra(midfielder at Solihull Moors).  Not sure we desparately need a player in either of those positions(although I always say you can never have too many players who can score goals) or we'd compete with Wrexham's clout but would be nice to be in with a chance of players of this ilk.

A CB and out and out striker you'd have thought would be top of the list.

Campbell I believe has been playing up top this season,its wiki who have him down as a winger

Archived