onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I wouldn't believe everything that is written in articles claiming to list all players wages tbh

I thought it was in a Vale interview? Possibly by DC? And it was mentioned that bonuses are going in to a pot to be shared out at the end of the season?

Advert

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I thought it was in a Vale interview? Possibly by DC? And it was mentioned that bonuses are going in to a pot to be shared out at the end of the season?

Bonuses aren’t shared out of a pot. Players get bonuses every month for their goals, clean sheets or win bonuses. The only bonus that would come at the end of the season is if they went up and the squad gets a share based on appearances. 

I do find all this excessive secrecy concerning wages, a bit over the top. It's easier finding nuclear launch codes, than the wages of a footballer.
No, I don't think it's anyones business, but then again, as I said, the secrecy is a bit over the top. 
Wages are confidential and should stay that way. When they are discussed it causes discord amongst employees, gives the players on lower wages a stronger negotiating position and increases agents influence. If 10 players manage to get just an extra £100 a week that an extra £50000 or 160 season tickets we have to sell, or an average player instead of a star player.

Bonuses aren’t shared out of a pot. Players get bonuses every month for their goals, clean sheets or win bonuses. The only bonus that would come at the end of the season is if they went up and the squad gets a share based on appearances. 
Nothing to stop players putting all the bonuses into a pot if they want to. Would have to agree who was entitled to shares based on say appearances or time on the pitch, if goals or clean sheets were a team achievement not an individuals. Player contracts may need to be changed, could take a couple of seasons to change the system. Upto the club management if the want to go that way.

13 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Nothing to stop players putting all the bonuses into a pot if they want to. Would have to agree who was entitled to shares based on say appearances or time on the pitch, if goals or clean sheets were a team achievement not an individuals. Player contracts may need to be changed, could take a couple of seasons to change the system. Upto the club management if the want to go that way.

Won’t happen. No way are you going to see players putting their own individual bonuses in a pot to share with everyone else. 

If they get promoted then as a team they get a share of a bonus amount which is based on appearances. 

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

That’s the traditional model but more and more it’s moving to different approaches.

Stoke for example had no bonus for a win in the championship… which worked out well.

The vale players this year only get the win bonus if they are in the playoff positions or above.

There could very well be a central pot of bonuses. 

10 hours ago, LancyTony said:

I think he said that the players only want bonuses when they sit in the top 3 or 7 cant remember which

Also no matter what is printed i very much doubt DC will be telling the press what his players earn and if he did he isn't going say our better paid players are on 4k or anyone looking at joining us will be asking for big wages.

I will just add that anyone(not directed at you mate) who thinks that Pett is on 600 a week is very very very gullible imo

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

That’s the traditional model but more and more it’s moving to different approaches.

Stoke for example had no bonus for a win in the championship… which worked out well.

The vale players this year only get the win bonus if they are in the playoff positions or above.

There could very well be a central pot of bonuses. 

You’re right the players get their game win bonuses only if they are in the top 7.  Their individual bonuses (goals for example) are paid no matter where they are in the league. Getting promoted is a set figure split between them at the end of the season. Also cup runs get a bonus too. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

Won’t happen. No way are you going to see players putting their own individual bonuses in a pot to share with everyone else. 

If they get promoted then as a team they get a share of a bonus amount which is based on appearances. 

Depends on club policy, would be part of signing for the club, would take a season or two to implement. We are a club that is changing and moving up, if player team cohesion is a priority who knows. Not our business to know the details it is the results that make us happy or not.

13 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I wouldn't believe everything that is written in articles claiming to list all players wages tbh

I did read somewhere, can't remember where, but do remember that it was an authoritative source (interview with DC?), that the top wage at the Vale is £1875 pw. I'm guessing bonuses are on top of that. 

15 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

I did read somewhere, can't remember where, but do remember that it was an authoritative source (interview with DC?), that the top wage at the Vale is £1875 pw. I'm guessing bonuses are on top of that. 

Wilson hasn’t come here for £1875 pw. 

It depends on context of wages, I’d be surprised if we pulled in Wilson on that as Salford were paying ridiculous wages (look at Class of 92 full time and Wellens is stunned by their wages).

I imagine maybe a base wage but various incentives on top such as appearance fees, goal bonus etc to make it up. Which is a good model if so as encourages better performances rather than “here is £4k” and a player knows he’s paid that regardless of effort.

If you read that site last season players like Worrall had a higher wage last season and we had a number on £2.4k so who knows.

Archived