onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

28 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

didnt we sign him on a 4 year contract ? I can see a loan move for fitness but not a perm move especially if conlon is sold

Not sue about the contract situation,  but if Conlon does move I wouldn't fancy Taylor  as his direct replacement ATM. When you consider the really good spell that he, Burgess and Joyce had a while ago, where he was rated above Conlon, he's taken a few backwards steps  for one reason or another,  but certainly, bar injury or a run of shocking performances from any of the current midfield trio, he's no option but to be patient or move because Burgess is now on his shoulder .

Advert

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Yep and have posted similar, I think there's more to this one that meets the eye and Sprowy didn't help by making the comments he made. Jake Taylor must be unlucky or have a real underlying injury problem to be out so often. He doesn't appear to be a "DC type player".

Personally don’t think he’s been as good as the other midfielders either this season. 

There’s no way Taylor gets in ahead of Conlon, Pett or garrity. Taylor is a good player we all saw that in his first spell, but he hasn’t been that effective when played under Clarke. Maybe he needs a run of starts to gain some form, but I’m not sure who you drop out of the midfield (unless garrity is still up top of course)

7 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Jan will be fascinating and thank goodness we have a professional recruitment department looking after the very delicate balance...

...My view on the Lloyd thing is that it made perfect sense to me when he signed, he was different to what we had and had some real life experience in a promotion campaign...

...Aside from the striker, the Pruhcess will have to deal with, I suspect, offers for one or two of the lads and weigh up the benefits of any deal offered vs who is available as a replacement...

UTV

I have no evidence for this - just gut feelings. I suspect Lloyd was brought in with a view to a permanent signing, and developing a player for the future, either as a first-teamer or to sell on. This would have fitted with DCs philosophy on loan signings - as someone else has mentioned...why develop players for the benefit of their parent clubs?

Secondly - I feel (and hope) that our management team and owners are strong enough to resist bids for our players, at least until the summer? If we're still in contention for top 3 spot, why risk the disruption to the team by letting a valuable asset go and having to settle a new one in? Yep - we might lose the chance to get a fee for a player - but that's happened before and promotion is more important than holding on to a player if he wants to leave? 

Like I say - just gut feelings!

7 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Personally don’t think he’s been as good as the other midfielders either this season. 

There’s no way Taylor gets in ahead of Conlon, Pett or garrity. Taylor is a good player we all saw that in his first spell, but he hasn’t been that effective when played under Clarke. Maybe he needs a run of starts to gain some form, but I’m not sure who you drop out of the midfield (unless garrity is still up top of course)

A player can't show what he can do unless on the field and preferably starts, Taylor's had 159 mins playing time in the league mainly coming on for the last ca 10-15 minutes, it's tough to make an impact in such a short time.

When he has come on in the league he's done well, produced quality forward passes, always looking to drive forward, has been up and down the pitch and done his defensive duties. When he started in the JP Trophy against Rochdale and Liverpool Taylor was outstanding.

I agree 593 it's hard to see how Taylor gets in the starting 11 at the moment with Conlon, Pett and Garrity all starting and the team producing results but I would take Taylor's passing ability everyday over Garrity's running as Taylor has also shown he can play box to box and score goals.

To some extent Taylor's career is a victim of the "Football system", IMO he was superb under JA in 2019/20 and Vale would likely have got promo that season and he could well have played in Lge 1 with Vale under JA and established himself.  However he was a victim of Forest's dithering and Vale ended up with Whitehead and Scunthorpe with Taylor. I assume he did OK in a struggling team at Scunny 'cause they also wanted to buy him.

When he initially came back to Vale he did fine, DC came in and he played for 2-3 games and was left out and didn't play the rest of the season, some absence may have been down to injury. 

I can imagine Taylor himself is frustrated at the moment being out injured as with the striker situation he could well have got his chance and started in Garrity's position in midfield or as the false 9 with Garrity in the opposite position.

Forest must have rated him as evinced by the alleged large sell on clause in his contract but I fear he's not a DC type player hence the lack of starts and minutes and he could well depart Vale in Jan or the summer.

53 minutes ago, The French Connection said:
On 06/12/2021 at 22:20, ethan and archies dad said:
Not strictly vale but Roos the goalkeeper who we had on loan under brown is getting touted for a move to the prem. slightly surprised

I'm gobsmacked, and I bet most Derby fans are too!

Wonderful what an agent can do.

22 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why does everyone conveniently forget that he also took them to non league first? Clarke is fine when things are going well but it is always someone else's fault when things go wrong. 

John Rudge also took us down in his 1st season in charge. Whats your point ?

Archived