onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

5 hours ago, 1 said:

So is it a terminated loan or is he rehabbing and coming back? (Lloyd)

The local press there was somewhat ambiguous in their description. 

Here's what they said:

Cheltenham Town forward George Lloyd's loan spell at Port Vale has been cut short by injury.

The move was originally until the end of the season, with a January recall option, but Lloyd has been told to take a complete rest after struggling with a stomach muscle problem and he is likely to be out for between two and three months.

I'm not sure what to make of that to honest. I guess the key phrase is "cut short by injury" - does that mean the spell has been terminated by injury or does "cut short" mean that he's still on loan but his playing time is going to be "cut short" as he's going to miss a large slab of the season. I would guess it means the former and the loan spell is terminated. 

Have Vale decided to terminate from their end? Are they able to end a loan if a player picks up a serious injury? I guess it frees up whatever wages Vale were contributing and therefore helps the January transfer budget. 

Makes sense I’m sure DC are looking at different options who can come in in January and make an impact straight away, Lloyd would need more time getting back fit. He wasn’t exactly great anyway, shame with the injury as he will have been needed given our injuries and may have shown what he can do

1 hour ago, robf said:

The local press there was somewhat ambiguous in their description. 

Here's what they said:

Cheltenham Town forward George Lloyd's loan spell at Port Vale has been cut short by injury.

The move was originally until the end of the season, with a January recall option, but Lloyd has been told to take a complete rest after struggling with a stomach muscle problem and he is likely to be out for between two and three months.

I'm not sure what to make of that to honest. I guess the key phrase is "cut short by injury" - does that mean the spell has been terminated by injury or does "cut short" mean that he's still on loan but his playing time is going to be "cut short" as he's going to miss a large slab of the season. I would guess it means the former and the loan spell is terminated. 

Have Vale decided to terminate from their end? Are they able to end a loan if a player picks up a serious injury? I guess it frees up whatever wages Vale were contributing and therefore helps the January transfer budget. 

I would say a combination of him not playing much + the injury means all parties see fit for loan to end.

I'd be amazed if they have or intend to recall him early. We're paying some of his wages, and he's out of contract in the summer, so makes no sense for them to recall an injured player as all it will mean is that they have to pay all the wages of a player who won't feature again for them. Most likely there is a termination clause on our part or an agreement has been reached for him to go back in January with some financial recompense from us

Never understood the signing of Lloyd. Matrix or no matrix. DC talked him up, as he's supposed to, but the amount of game time showed a different story. A bit weird, to loan a young player, who is so much like someone we already have in the building, in Eden Bailey. They are so much alike, and Eden is already ours, and younger than Lloyd, so why not give him the sparse game time Lloyd got, and develop our own player, instead of Cheltenhams? 

Oh well, you can't get every signing right...

I liked Lloyd. Think he got some undeserved stick at times. I think he will turn out to be a good player in a few years time.

He had a good first touch & awareness & his biggest asset was his work rate, he hunted balls down which is what this team is all about. He also notched a few goals for us despite limited game time.

Good luck to him in his recovery & wish him all the best.

17 hours ago, philmpv said:

I'd be amazed if they have or intend to recall him early. We're paying some of his wages, and he's out of contract in the summer, so makes no sense for them to recall an injured player as all it will mean is that they have to pay all the wages of a player who won't feature again for them. Most likely there is a termination clause on our part or an agreement has been reached for him to go back in January with some financial recompense from us

Yep, that's how I see it too. Probably some Ts and Cs about being able to terminate if a long-term injury is sustained. 

Archived