onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

The lad is obviously class and certainly packs a massive shot. He is clearly not 100% fit yet but I would love Vale to sign him permanently. He will be a great asset to us next season in Division 1. I think our manager would love him to stay but wants to keep him a little in reserve at present so as not alert too many other Clubs.😁

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Bolton boss Ian Evatt suggest Politic wont be recalled in January, when asked he said he has done well but "No disrespect to Port Vale if he isn't getting in their team he shouldn't be in Bolton Wanderer's side"

No disrespect to Evatt, but if his brain was dynamite, there wouldn't be enough to blow his hat off.

Politic looks good starting when he starts on the wing. He's done that once and was excellent vs Colchester. The rest of the time he's started up front and in his sub appearances has managed to change two games (Orient and Burton). 

If Evatt is too thick to realise this then fantastic, we'll keep hold of him.

The reason he hasn't started isn't because he's bad, but because our wing-back system has largely served us well.

Again, if Evatt is too think to realise this, then great. 

The good news is that Evatt is quite thick. This is a lad with 5 goals and 3 assists in 11 appearances, or 6 '90s'. 8 goal involvements in 6 full games. The lad is absolute class. He's 21 and hasn't played for 12 months!

Honestly, if we get a plum draw at 7, Flitters should be plotting a bid. Unsettle Dennis. 'Here lad, we'll look after you'. 

In fairness to Evatt, he’s done a cracking job since he’s been here but his mouth does seem to run away with him a la his silly “best team” comment. Few here could understand his loaning out of DP instead of gradually bringing him back off the bench, as he’s done with some of his new summer signings, because he was probably our best U23 prospect before his injury but it seems that he’d rather sign players than use our youth. At the same time he sent DP out, he also loaned another of our best young players in Ronan Darcy to an Icelandic club.

Both had looked good two seasons ago when we were in L1 so they do have experience but maybe don’t fit Evatt’s style. Our loss may well be your gain because I think Denis has everything he needs to do well. He lacks a little pace as an out and out winger but could make a good No10 or attacking midfield player, so could still fit in with your wing back system. For me I’m hoping Evatt’s just trying to see if Denis has the desire to dig in and prove his worth but in reality I’m not sure he’s that clever and will probably let Denis walk away for nothing in the summer. Good luck in your promotion push anyway, I genuinely hope you make it.

4 hours ago, Dan de lyon said:

Interesting debate on Politic guys. As a Wanderers fan I’d love to see him back but I’m not sure Ian Evatt sees it that way, even though he has the offer of a contract. Denis is great going forward but Evatt prefers players who contribute defensively as well, which hasn’t been Politics strong point. We’re not sure why he hasn’t played more for you and seems only to come on off the bench. Obviously he’s not 100% match fit but then if he’s not getting the minutes, how can he be? If Evatt doesn’t call him back in January then obviously he doesn’t want him but do you? If you get promoted and I hope you do, would DP fit into your team, or would you want someone better? Interested to know your thoughts.

Better off the bench imo. Although he’s come off the bench more than he’s started so maybe too early to call (fitness usually the reason and our 352 formation) 

I don’t like the argument your manager has, players need to be able to defend as well as attack, the majority yes, but you always need that extra quality, which is exactly what politic can bring. To me it’s like whitfield was for us where we didn’t really see the best from him as he wouldn’t track back either (politic is clearly a better player but it’s a similar story imo). 

I think he would have started much more if we didn’t play 352, he’s certainly good enough and has that X factor that’s rare in the lower leagues. I’d love you to let us have him, if we go up I think he’ll do well in league 1 

5 hours ago, Dan de lyon said:

Interesting debate on Politic guys. As a Wanderers fan I’d love to see him back but I’m not sure Ian Evatt sees it that way, even though he has the offer of a contract. Denis is great going forward but Evatt prefers players who contribute defensively as well, which hasn’t been Politics strong point. We’re not sure why he hasn’t played more for you and seems only to come on off the bench. Obviously he’s not 100% match fit but then if he’s not getting the minutes, how can he be? If Evatt doesn’t call him back in January then obviously he doesn’t want him but do you? If you get promoted and I hope you do, would DP fit into your team, or would you want someone better? Interested to know your thoughts.

Not sure if it’s a case of him not being “match fit”, rather a case of not being fully fit physically.  By his own admission he’s only 75% fit at present, currently carrying a groin injury.  Clarke has said the same.  He’s having to be managed.

I’d say he’s disappeared in a few games but people don’t mention that because he’s had massive impact in others.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not sure if it’s a case of him not being “match fit”, rather a case of not being fully fit physically.  By his own admission he’s only 75% fit at present, currently carrying a groin injury.  Clarke has said the same.  He’s having to be managed.

I’d say he’s disappeared in a few games but people don’t mention that because he’s had massive impact in others.

Also, it seems that DC recognised his lack of defensive work and told him to stay up front v Burton...create some chances and try and score a goal...all of which he did - doesn't hurt to have a maverick making teams hold defenders back? 

Archived