onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

It would be very enjoyable but he’s played a game for Barnsley this season meaning he can’t play for anyone else this year

Moved to Walsall on the 31st Aug according to wiki. According to Sky Sports team line ups from the 7th Aug he was an unused Sub for Barnsley on the 14th and 28th Aug, so can't see where he's played. Unless they count being on the bench m8

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Good chance of Lge 1 football next year, would be part of a promo side rather than one just holding it's own in Lge 1 playing in front of  meagre crowds every week and a chance to be part of a bigger club. If he joined on Jan 1st he'd most likely be on a contract at Vale that extended further than June 2022, June 2022 is only 7 months away.

Can't judge someone on one game, look at his overall record.

There must be others with similar track records to him who we might poach if DC/DF deem it necessary.

I'll agree to disagree on this one mate. A player dropping division ,Sarcevic, Mullen, Tozer are doing it for one reason alone. Money. 

Tozer had the opportunity to play against Sunderland, Pompey, Sheffield Wednesday etc. Instead chose Eastleigh and Solihull. 

If Hemmings dropped to Vale then he'd be added to the list of mercenaries.  

11 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Moved to Walsall on the 31st Aug according to wiki. According to Sky Sports team line ups from the 7th Aug he was an unused Sub for Barnsley on the 14th and 28th Aug, so can't see where he's played. Unless they count being on the bench m8

Think it was in the EFL cup as people have mentioned… I went on their forum to have a read about him and they are all confident he can’t play for anyone else.

Although given it’s the Yam yams I’m not backing them to have gotten it right.

Also that forum is mental… looked at their game thread from their recent loss and the word vale is used about 15 times.

Absolutely obsessed

Looking forward to the Jan transfer window! We only paid money for Ben Garrity, I think, so there could be a little left over plus £50k+ from Cups, which might be enough to do a little deal for someone? Exciting to have a management team that is already on the case, rather than waiting for last minute to see if there's any bargain buys?  From the highlights programme, today, Kidderminster look to have a couple of useful players up front. Tshimanga didn't get his head to a glorious cross when he was in the 6 yard box, and I don't think he was a serious contender for us - just a couple of Valiants kept bigging him up? Whatever - interesting times ahead!! 

27 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I guess the issue could be that Politic's agent will be touting him round clubs now and telling teams that they may as well shove a cheeky offer Bolton's way. I don't think Bolton will recall him to play but may do to safeguard a player they wish to sell.

Any agent worth his salt has to be doing that come January because as of right now come the summer he has no club. So he’s either going to get himself a move to another club or Bolton are going to offer him something closer to what he wants. 

4 hours ago, soothsayer said:

Interesting article from Bolton on Politi

Yes, very interesting.  Seems to divide opinion at BWFC. It looks like there's a fair chance he could stay for the rest of the season.  But would we sign him?  I'm not sure, he's certainly not nailed down a place yet.  Be interesting to see how this one turns out. 

I think the key thing to remember here is that Politic has no say in whether he stays. It's Bolton's recall clause, and they'll do what's best for them.

They have a young asset who is clearly good enough for professional football at a young age + after a bad injury. They can either choose to:

a) let him stay with us, potentially do very well, and lose him for pittance compensation in the summer

b) bring him back, and either play and get use out of him, or, extend his contract after showing him they're willing to play him, or sell him in January before he goes for buttons in June.

The chance of him stopping here are pretty low, imo. We hold precisely zero cards here, bar 'Dennis quite likes it and wants to stay', and even then we can't exactly blame him if he goes back to a team in a better division when he's hardly been a regular here.

12 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think the key thing to remember here is that Politic has no say in whether he stays. It's Bolton's recall clause, and they'll do what's best for them.

They have a young asset who is clearly good enough for professional football at a young age + after a bad injury. They can either choose to:

a) let him stay with us, potentially do very well, and lose him for pittance compensation in the summer

b) bring him back, and either play and get use out of him, or, extend his contract after showing him they're willing to play him, or sell him in January before he goes for buttons in June.

The chance of him stopping here are pretty low, imo. We hold precisely zero cards here, bar 'Dennis quite likes it and wants to stay', and even then we can't exactly blame him if he goes back to a team in a better division when he's hardly been a regular here.

How fit is he? Has he fully recovered from his long term injury? Should we be reliant on a loan player other than as backup unless there is a potential to sign ( DC policy) But there will always be exceptions, only DC and /or Flinty need to know. Probably the mist will clear in January, we are due for interesting times.

Archived