onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Not a moan just a question but who would you think will be available who has a proven record of scoring in Leagues One and Two? I do think we will bring at least one player who has a bit of experience but we have to think that we are a club that wants to bring players in to nurture and then hopefully sell on to help us progress

WSU, I agree with the reason for your question and tried to convey the same in my post. Simple answer is I do not know, James Norwood (Available in Jan) has previously been suggested and he would fit the bill but he'd be a huge ask but there must be someone else out there. DF/DC will know the score on who is and isn't available.

Vale have done so well this season and have a great chance of promotion but it would be unfortunate if injury to both main strikers prevented at least a top 7 finish. I agree about nurturing new players but for me the immediate goal is to get out of Lge 2.

Advert

12 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

WSU, I agree with the reason for your question and tried to convey the same in my post. Simple answer is I do not know, James Norwood (Available in Jan) has previously been suggested and he would fit the bill but he'd be a huge ask but there must be someone else out there. DF/DC will know the score on who is and isn't available.

Vale have done so well this season and have a great chance of promotion but it would be unfortunate if injury to both main strikers prevented at least a top 7 finish. I agree about nurturing new players but for me the immediate goal is to get out of Lge 2.

Totally agree that the management team etc will have a target and will probably be close to sorting it tbh but i would be amazed if it was anyone like Norwood(his current wage is well beyond us and if he is after the wonga then we dont want him anyway). We still have cash available to DC to maybe even put bids in for players so i wont be ruling that out either

I think he will wait for the window now, hoping for some bad weather in the coming weeks so we get a couple of games called off.  We definitely need some forward players lined up for when the window opens and i am sure there will be.  Interestingly Reading signed Andy Carroll a fortnight ago, his wages are £1000 a week due to Reading's finanical restrictions.

On 03/12/2021 at 19:09, wotsyobeef said:

I think a big problem loaning players from higher up the pyramid is that they have high wages and you have to pay them if you don't play them. 

I remember a DC interview where he talks about this sort of thing, he doesn't take those kinds of signings on as a hard rule as he fundamentally disagrees with it, it's like letting another club pick your formation and line up. 

Did anyone listen to praise and grumble on the way home? A caller bought up the contract issue for smith and gibbons, saying we should make them really good offers to try and get them to stay. I’m pretty sure Yatesy said that other clubs were already looking at gibbo.

For me if we make those 2 players an offer they should become 2 of our highest paid players because they are that important to us. However I think(fear) they will hold out to see if what interest comes along. Can’t them in that regard, but we need to do our best to try and persuade them. 

44 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Did anyone listen to praise and grumble on the way home? A caller bought up the contract issue for smith and gibbons, saying we should make them really good offers to try and get them to stay. I’m pretty sure Yatesy said that other clubs were already looking at gibbo.

For me if we make those 2 players an offer they should become 2 of our highest paid players because they are that important to us. However I think(fear) they will hold out to see if what interest comes along. Can’t them in that regard, but we need to do our best to try and persuade them. 

As i said yesterday there is a lot of interest in Gibbons and i wont be shocked to see him move in January or we lose him for nothing in the summer

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

As i said yesterday there is a lot of interest in Gibbons and i wont be shocked to see him move in January or we lose him for nothing in the summer

I missed that post yesterday. Interest you know about or assumed because he’s playing so well? But I thought it was a great point yesterday that may end up being out of our hands anyway. 

Archived