onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

31 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Gibbo needs a new contract. He is our best player and also our most valuable asset. He is the modern fullback/wing-back. Aggressive, rapid, energetic, good defensively, superb crosser, dangerous in the box. Clarke talks up his attitude. Has stuff you can't coach. 

Getting him in space is key to what we do. If we don't sign him up prior to January, big clubs will signal their intentions and we may be left in a position where we either sell in Jan or risk losing him for nothing in the summer. Gibbons walks into League 1 sides and, with coaching on his passing, I think could have a crack at the Championship in 1-2 years. 

There will be a lot of clever clubs looking at a 23 yo with his skillset, showing rapid improvement and with lots of room to improve further. 2-3 year contract needed so that, if he play higher, we profit. Absolute number 1 priority at present. 

Joe, I agree with what you say about JG but if we’re going to play James in a more attacking role, should we be looking at getting a new right back.?

Advert

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe, I agree with what you say about JG but if we’re going to play James in a more attacking role, should we be looking at getting a new right back.?

Cass and Gibbo can both play there. Smith has played there and looked OK. Jones played right back in a back 4 earlier on in the season. Maybe bring in a young lad to develop there, but not a priority.

16 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Completely agree, 2 goals scored in those 4 games as well.  I know Legge is a defender and not his job to be scoring but we look far better better when in possession when he is not in the team and for me Cass and Jones are the 2 of the reasons why on the whole we keep the better, build up play, go through midfield and not panicking and launching it long.  We have our 2 main forwards both out injured, if you play Smith and Legge in a 2, think they will end up panicking and taking the easy option and we will end up giving the ball away all the time. 

Not panicking every time the ball gets slung in its panic stations at the back Martin is a 6ft 5 experienced centre back who should dominate in the air.He plays like he has never played their in his life before.Without doubt he comes second to Bob Delgado has the worst centre back i have seen playing for the vale.The first objective is to challenge for every ball that comes in the box not just let someone stroll in and have a free header inside our six yard box. Hazell, Aspen, Sproson 2, Cheadle, Hayward, Nicholson, they were just a few who i have seen playing for the vale that would never let it happen basic defending is what its about i was told never make it easy for any opponent at the moment it is to easy can be fixed but i'm afraid not by Martin.

Not panicking every time the ball gets slung in its panic stations at the back Martin is a 6ft 5 experienced centre back who should dominate in the air.He plays like he has never played their in his life before.Without doubt he comes second to Bob Delgado has the worst centre back i have seen playing for the vale.The first objective is to challenge for every ball that comes in the box not just let someone stroll in and have a free header inside our six yard box. Hazell, Aspen, Sproson 2, Cheadle, Hayward, Nicholson, they were just a few who i have seen playing for the vale that would never let it happen basic defending is what its about i was told never make it easy for any opponent at the moment it is to easy can be fixed but i'm afraid not by Martin.
He's worse than Jermaine Holwyn? I'll have some of what you're having

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Gibbo needs a new contract. He is our best player and also our most valuable asset. He is the modern fullback/wing-back. Aggressive, rapid, energetic, good defensively, superb crosser, dangerous in the box. Clarke talks up his attitude. Has stuff you can't coach. 

Getting him in space is key to what we do. If we don't sign him up prior to January, big clubs will signal their intentions and we may be left in a position where we either sell in Jan or risk losing him for nothing in the summer. Gibbons walks into League 1 sides and, with coaching on his passing, I think could have a crack at the Championship in 1-2 years. 

There will be a lot of clever clubs looking at a 23 yo with his skillset, showing rapid improvement and with lots of room to improve further. 2-3 year contract needed so that, if he play higher, we profit. Absolute number 1 priority at present. 

Totally agree with what you say about him as a player. But playing devils advocate…. We could and should offer him a new deal but why would any player sign a deal just yet when potentially there’s clubs sniffing around? Honestly if it were me and as much as I would love to pull the shirt on and make a long career for myself in my hometown club, (clearly Gibbo gives his all for the shirt too), I’d still be seeing what’s out there in the meantime before I committed to signing for us. After all it is a short career. 

2 hours ago, hamilboy said:

Without doubt he comes second to Bob Delgado has the worst centre back i have seen playing for the vale.

You must have a short memory. Martin has been promoted out of this league he clearly is good enough. For what ever reason, probably fitness he hasn’t played too well yet. Can’t believe you think he’s worse than some of the clowns we’ve had in the side recently 

2 hours ago, hamilboy said:

I take it you never saw Chris Slater, Joe Davis,Calvin Macintosh, Jermaine Holwyn or Richard Walker play for us then.

Those who saw FGR away can appreciate Martin isn't awful at all. He was magnificent that day as was the whole team.

Was he great at Oldham, no he certainly wasn't but there's a massive over reaction and scapegoating of the bloke. As mentioned by my good self and others we have not won a single game yet when Legge has taken part . I'm not castigating Legge for that it's just an unusual occurrence . But get off Martin's back. 

I anticipate he'll make way tomorrow for Smith but will definitely be playing his part during the rest of the season. 

Despite the calamitous collapse I applauded them off Saturday, as expected a few boos as there were against Bradford. Standard fair sadly . 

Archived