onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

5 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I like Politic but not sure we'd be getting value with him if we have to match Bolton's contract offer. Even when fully fit I don't think he's necessarily a guaranteed starter.

Even so he’s quality and more than good enough at this level. If we have the chance to sign him (I don’t think we will) we should 100% try to get him. Easily one of our better players. 

Advert

Politic is class and a game-changer. He's played 211 league minutes (just over two 90s) and has 2 goals and an assist after 12 months out. 

Would love to think we could attract him. 21, nowhere near finished developing after a lengthy layoff. 

In January if we can I'd be throwing 100k at Bolton with a good sell on and incentives to get him... he could make bigger money in the future.

He hasn't signed a new deal so can leave Bolton at the end of the season but they'd be entitled to compo as under 24 so may be worth a try? He would make the step up with ease.

48 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Do you think? Maybe I'm missing something. As I say, I like him but if we're looking at League One, I think we should possibly be looking for better.

??? The lad is just coming back from serious injury. For me he's shown he will be class in Division 1. The way he runs at defences and shoots, so,so hard from all angles makes him a superb player. Like most fans say....sign him permanently please.   I admire and respect majority of your posts mate but seriously cannot understand why you can't see an excellent player in Politic.

Could McDonald be one of those players, who is good in a league but when the opportunity comes along to step up a league, isn’t good enough. I liked the lad who played up front for Macc and scored against us when we lost at their place 2-1. I think we’ve come a long way since then and we probably need players capable of playing in L1 if we get promoted. I don’t want us to be the whipping boys if we’re promoted but also don’t expect us to be promoted to the Championship. If we don’t get promoted the direction that we’re moving in, it would be a bad thing to sign a couple of players from L1. I don’t see that we have any weaknesses in our team at the moment so can’t say that anyone needs to be replaced

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Do you think? Maybe I'm missing something. As I say, I like him but if we're looking at League One, I think we should possibly be looking for better.

He's an absolute game changer. Can do the unexpected , that run last week for example. 

If he's available I'd be all out to sign him 

1 hour ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Personally I think he’s a league 1 player and has and is capable of changing games. I’d do everything possible to sign him (I highly doubt Bolton will want him to leave though)

Much more confident of getting Cass than Politic, although again Politic has annoyed Evett by rejecting their contract offer and I’ve heard he’s really enjoying being here. Arm around the gaffer in that MOTM photo beaming his head off. Keep turning the screw Carol! 

5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Just noticed local lad Theo Vassell has signed for Salford.

Wasn't as bad as some of us thought , myself included. 

Still think of his bizarre behaviour at Macc away though where he acted like a complete plonker .

Salford pot running dry I wonder . 

Archived