There will be a charity/send off game to tie in with a new shirt launch + good weather. Fans kicking off on social media about the way he's been 'treated' are being silly. 

Anything other than a summer send off would be madness. It is a slam dunk.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All things must end but Tom has given the best part of a decade in service to his boyhood club. It would be fitting if he got one in my opinion especially as the fans have not had the opportunity to s

I think the phrase in the article on the official website suggests there will probably be one... Port Vale looks forward to welcoming Tom and his family to Vale Park in the years to come and hono

Absolutely. No brainer.

On 11/05/2021 at 14:58, MelbourneValiant said:

I thought this a while ago but Covid hit, he doesn't deserve for his last appearance in a Vale shirt to be in an empty stadium. He deserves the chance to thank the fans and say goodbye.

100% spot on and I’m sure the club appreciate this and will make something happen.

• Like 3

I have missed a load of the programmes from this season. So I went on to the shop site, Ordered the programme that Pope was on the cover. 

On 11/05/2021 at 15:36, hamilboy said:

Get your facts right Jones scored 116 in his career 50 of them in 107 matches for the vale plus being picked to play international football pope has scored 115 for the vale.By the way how many did our tom score at Rotherham and Bury can you remind me.

He also scored 17 league  goals for Crewe and was their top scorer in one of the  seasons he was with them. This led to Rotherham paying a record fee for him.

21 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

100% spot on and I’m sure the club appreciate this and will make something happen.

Sadly lots have players have missed out. David Silva one of the most high profile ones I can think of. Even Shawcross was unable to say goodbye.

I'm certain we'll have our opportunity to thank Tom .

Advert:

5 hours ago, mbycars said:

He also scored 17 league  goals for Crewe and was their top scorer in one of the  seasons he was with them. This led to Rotherham paying a record fee for him.

And they soon wished they hadn’t 

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Sadly lots have players have missed out. David Silva one of the most high profile ones I can think of. Even Shawcross was unable to say goodbye.

I'm certain we'll have our opportunity to thank Tom .

David who? 😉

As for Sawcross, who could forget him.  That England debut will live long in the memory. 👍

22 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

And they soon wished they hadn’t 

released him after he scored 4 for us against them.

22 minutes ago, greengrass said:

How about inviting Man City,(that would be ironic)

They have gone too cocky. Don't think they would play us. They go on money making tours.

Advert:

The least the lad deserves .

A fantastic servant to the Vale I mean at times during this last how many years of poor seasons work a shining light in the dark some of his goals have being superb too many mention but lots of clever intricate finishes and headers credit to the lad he was in most of his appearances a good 7 out of 10 .

Good luck to the lad in the future a testimonial hopefully he will get at some point 

UTV 

59 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

He's been very quiet since Monday, hasn't he? I've been impressed with the remarks of Joyce and Monty, both professional and thanking/praising the club.

I'm sure there are reasons for it, but am a tad surprised by the silence from Pope and Brown.

I'm not saying they have to come out with a generic statement, but seems odd as they were both popular players who seem to have had a good time here. 

21 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I'm sure there are reasons for it, but am a tad surprised by the silence from Pope and Brown.

I'm not saying they have to come out with a generic statement, but seems odd as they were both popular players who seem to have had a good time here. 

I would imagine Popes gutted, he was probably planning on another 12 months to finish his career off here.

Maybe they have made finding a new job their priority and will focus on making generic thank you messages to fans once they know they can provide for their families.
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Joyce said he was disappointed that he'd had to wait until the Monday to be told he was being released so it's not like they had to hide any disappointment at being released.

If they wanted to have a dig at Clarke the usual thing would be to say how great the fans are and teammates, maybe past managers, pointedly not mentioning the current manager.

So yeah I'm a bit surprised too

It felt like those players who have commented on social media etc. all waited a couple of days before they did so.

I don't know if the club advised them to have 48 hours cooling off time or something.