onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope Testimonial?

soothsayer

1 minute ago, bycars rob said:

Popey has been brilliant for us but will have been decently  rewarded for his efforts and he had his benefit when he went for the silly money Bury offered him.

I thought this a while ago but Covid hit, he doesn't deserve for his last appearance in a Vale shirt to be in an empty stadium. He deserves the chance to thank the fans and say goodbye.

Advert

43 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I imagine Harry Kane would have broken the record had he spent the last ten years. But he didn't and neither did Jones. Jones did actually come back on loan in 1989 and wasn't that impressive. Pope scored more goals for Port Vale than Jones did for his entire Football League career. Pope scored more goals at Vale Park then Jones did home and away at Vale. Really don't see what point you're trying to make here.

Get your facts right Jones scored 116 in his career 50 of them in 107 matches for the vale plus being picked to play international football pope has scored 115 for the vale.By the way how many did our tom score at Rotherham and Bury can you remind me.

5 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

Get your facts right Jones scored 116 in his career 50 of them in 107 matches for the vale plus being picked to play international football pope has scored 115 for the vale.By the way how many did our tom score at Rotherham and Bury can you remind me.

Why are you so keen to angle for a fight over this? He's a modern legend in an era of toss, get over it. 

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

Why are you so keen to angle for a fight over this? He's a modern legend in an era of toss, get over it. 

Their has been a lot of toss supporting the vale that comes with being a fan i'm looking for a brighter future now it was just my opinion iv got nothing to get over onwards and upwards with our Darrell

I hope Monty is invited to TP’s testimonial. Does anyone know if those that have been released have actually finished at the club or do they have to go in until the season is finally over.?

I know he was pivotal in our promotion season, but it’s easy to play in a successful team. My best memory of Tom will be three seasons ago when if it wasn’t for him and Scott Brown we’d be in the National league now.

There will be a charity/send off game to tie in with a new shirt launch + good weather. Fans kicking off on social media about the way he's been 'treated' are being silly. 

Anything other than a summer send off would be madness. It is a slam dunk.

On 11/05/2021 at 14:58, MelbourneValiant said:

I thought this a while ago but Covid hit, he doesn't deserve for his last appearance in a Vale shirt to be in an empty stadium. He deserves the chance to thank the fans and say goodbye.

100% spot on and I’m sure the club appreciate this and will make something happen.

On 11/05/2021 at 15:36, hamilboy said:

He also scored 17 league  goals for Crewe and was their top scorer in one of the  seasons he was with them. This led to Rotherham paying a record fee for him.

21 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

100% spot on and I’m sure the club appreciate this and will make something happen.

Sadly lots have players have missed out. David Silva one of the most high profile ones I can think of. Even Shawcross was unable to say goodbye.

I'm certain we'll have our opportunity to thank Tom .

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Sadly lots have players have missed out. David Silva one of the most high profile ones I can think of. Even Shawcross was unable to say goodbye.

I'm certain we'll have our opportunity to thank Tom .

David who? 😉

As for Sawcross, who could forget him.  That England debut will live long in the memory. 👍

Archived