A message to the Squad

Advert:

4 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Thank them for the last 10 games but would like to know what the hell they were doing prior to that. Certainly werent playing for the shirt. Agreed they are working men , unfortunately most of them seemed to have downed tools.

Well said, I agree . 

• Like 1

Advert:

There are some miserable bitter people on this forum.
As opposed to the people who seem perfectly happy with the players efforts this season and want to thank them for yet another failure? If that makes me bitter and miserable, so be it!
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Disagree with the opening post. Thank this squad for what exactly? One of / if not the worst run I’ve seen as a vale fan and some truly gutless performances. Awful season other than the last 10 games. Honestly can’t wait to see the back of this squad. 

• Like 1

Nah. Some of these players downed tools for 3 months. I don't care what people say, they purposely stopped trying and playing. Legge 100% got himself sent off at Mansfield. I'll never forgive the players for that period, even if it did eventually lead to us getting what I hope is the right management team in now.

Edited by Mellor!
  • Like 2

Advert:

Must be great to be perfect!
Never said I was. But I don't gloss over the truth, nor do I dish out false platitudes. If you booked a plumber who turned up 5 hours late, would you thank him for finally turning up, or express your displeasure?

Sad to see a few people constantly bringing up past events - even though, as they occasionally admit - we may never know what happened for our players to implode? 

Personally, I'd like to say thanks and good luck to those who are about to leave us. To encourage those who are staying to give us bigger and brighter things. And, to those who are about to join us - help to make us proud of our team again, and continue to make this club and its owners and management team so special! UTV

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Never said I was. But I don't gloss over the truth, nor do I dish out false platitudes. If you booked a plumber who turned up 5 hours late, would you thank him for finally turning up, or express your displeasure?

No - you never said you were...but you condemned players who may have had valid reasons for what happened, which you may never know! As for the plumber analogy - not a great one, if you've any experience of plumbers...who are also working people!...But I would certainly hope for a reasonable explanation  for tardiness, and accept it if there was a genuine reason, rather than going straight to the bollocking! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

No - you never said you were...but you condemned players who may have had valid reasons for what happened, which you may never know! As for the plumber analogy - not a great one, if you've any experience of plumbers...who are also working people!...But I would certainly hope for a reasonable explanation  for tardiness, and accept it if there was a genuine reason, rather than going straight to the bollocking! 

What valid reason is there for not trying? There isn’t one. The squad has been a complete embarrassment this season. That is a fact. The majority need ridding of and it looks like we have a manager / staff that agree with this. I really don’t get why the players should be thanked for what has been one of our worst seasons in the basement of English football where up until 10 games ago we were right in a relegation battle and didn’t look remotely interested. 

• Like 2

Go on then, I'll bite. What for you would be 'valid reasons' for what happened for over half of the season?

Advert:

Just now, philmpv said:

Go on then, I'll bite. What for you would be 'valid reasons' for what happened for over half of the season?

What a stupid question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I do not work for the Vale, and don't know any of the players to ask for information, I can't possibly know what happened - and neither can you! But you have to remember these are not supermen, or aliens - they are human beings, and prone to errors, or lapses of judgment, and it's totally unfair to think you're so perfect as to pronounce judgment on them without the facts or any evidence - other than unsubstantiated rumours! 

What a stupid question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I do not work for the Vale, and don't know any of the players to ask for information, I can't possibly know what happened - and neither can you! But you have to remember these are not supermen, or aliens - they are human beings, and prone to errors, or lapses of judgment, and it's totally unfair to think you're so perfect as to pronounce judgment on them without the facts or any evidence - other than unsubstantiated rumours! 

I didn't ask what the reasons were. I simply asked what in your view would be valid reasons, since you were clearly seeking to denounce anybody who dared to refuse to applaud the players for this seasons efforts by claiming that there may have been valid reasons for what has happened. Again I'm not asking what they actually were but what would constitute valid reasons for you.

16 minutes ago, philmpv said:
21 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I didn't ask what the reasons were. I simply asked what in your view would be valid reasons, since you were clearly seeking to denounce anybody who dared to refuse to applaud the players for this seasons efforts by claiming that there may have been valid reasons for what has happened. Again I'm not asking what they actually were but what would constitute valid reasons for you.

17 minutes ago, philmpv said:
22 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I didn't ask what the reasons were....

Well...yes you did!

"What for you would be 'valid reasons...'" 

And I never said the players had to be applauded for this season...just that...as I'm saying - again - that if you don't know the reason why something has happened you shouldn't judge! And - again - I have no idea what would have brought this about...but, obviously...something did, which seemed to have affected the players team spirit and confidence? But I don't pretend to know what.

And we can keep going round and round on this and my answer will always be "I don't know why" - because I don't, and am not prepared to speculate without facts!