onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A message to the Squad

23 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Confidence is huge in football. Just look at Joe Hart if you need an example. Pep destroyed his confidence.

Not sure if Pep was to blame for Hart's form completely coming to a halt. He was crap at the Euros before Pep came in. Perhaps it was something else and Pep just was the first to notice that Hart's time as a top class goalkeeper was at an end. But yeah, it's not like Hart stopped trying or anything.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Not sure if Pep was to blame for Hart's form completely coming to a halt. He was crap at the Euros before Pep came in. Perhaps it was something else and Pep just was the first to notice that Hart's time as a top class goalkeeper was at an end. But yeah, it's not like Hart stopped trying or anything.

Wasn't Hart replaced purely on passing out from the back ability by Pep rather than pure goalkeeping skills ? 

38 minutes ago, Wrex said:

We've finished in the bottom half of the basement division 26 times in our history and had 10 relegation campaigns. It hasn't been a great season but let's try and not be too hysterical with the criticism.

What are you on about? 10 relegation campaigns in 145 years means we should expect and accept it should we? 

Just now, darren1810 said:

Wasn't Hart replaced purely on passing out from the back ability by Pep rather than pure goalkeeping skills ? 

That was a big part of it yes. Still odd that a 30-year old with 75 England caps just completely loses form and it never returns, and without an injury or anything.

30 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

Confidence is huge in football. Just look at Joe Hart if you need an example. Pep destroyed his confidence. In the autumn and early winter we suffered numerous turnarounds and late goals, h& ad our own that may have turned the tide disallowed against Scunthorpe (I think). The players have managed to overcome that and turn the tide albeit after a manager has lost their job.

Their is this idea that players down tools and don't try. That may be the case for the odd player but you don't tend to make it as a professional footballer if you don't have a drive to win. The losses will hurt most of the players almost as much as us. They know if they don't perform they could well end up stacking shelves or driving a taxi.

You have poisoned enough threads with your bitterness. This thread is to thank the players for their efforts so if you haven't got anything positive to say butt out and state your opinions on the countless other threads available to you.

This is typical of one or two folks on here if you don’t agree with me then stay of this thread you are wrong and I’m right . For feck sake it’s about different opinions 

Exactly. Someone as influential as pep saying he couldn't pass the ball out and dropping him then suddenly all of a sudden shots started going through him. A criticism of a small part of his game severely affected almost every aspect of it.

Did you read the 1st post or just the title?

The thread is titled a message to the squad. A forum is about debate and expressing different opinions. If BHF didn't want comments and debate on his thank you letter, why start a thread on a public forum, and not just email via the Club directly? If this offends you, then I'd suggest you don't come onto a public forum with differing opinions

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

What are you on about? 10 relegation campaigns in 145 years means we should expect and accept it should we? 

No. Just that 26 comparable seasons and 10 relegations from 109 seasons indicates that this isn't the worst season in our history.

Footballers have recently been talking about all the abuse they receive on social media on a daily basis. I just struggle to see what hysterical posts condemning the player's characters is supposed to achieve. There's a difficult time on Monday as a lot of them will be wondering where they'll next be able to find gainful employment from. For example, Monty may or may not be offered a contract, he might be facing having to take his young family to Scotland or to consider moving and living on his own up there so he can provide for his family. There will be other stories.

This was just a nice thread to thank the players should any of them go onto the forum at the end of the season.

I know your response will be something like "they're <ovf censored>, <ovf censored> 'em". But as phil says this a forum where people can have different opinions, as long as no lines are crossed.

This is typical of one or two folks on here if you don’t agree with me then stay of this thread you are wrong and I’m right . For feck sake it’s about different opinions 
If you want to think that fine. Read the first post and decide if it is a discussion like every other post or a place to thank the players if you wish for their contribution.

I won't be posting anymore on this thread as I have expressed my opinion and have reached my limit to avoid spamming a thread.

Their thanks is being paid a king’s ransom for kicking a leather sphere around on some grass and regardless of how bad some of them are, being paid all the same.

Yep, cheers lads.

Carol publicly supported you and talked you up, backed the club to the tune of £1m+ of her own pocket after spending £5m to buy it, the fans bought 11,000 shirts and 4,000 season tickets in a season many were furloughed/out of work, and sat at home watching a dodgy stream, watching in dismay as you completely crumbled to Kings Lynn, bottled last minute leads on a semi-regular basis, and gave more than a few fans genuine stress about our league status, before an entire football operations reset was implemented to organise you into competency and we finish bang in mid-table in the weakest League 2 in years.

Drinks on me when you're next in Burslem. 

Got no issue with fans thanking the squad and its their right but I also think its fair that fans can voice displeasure. I wish my 87 year old Grandad could have a chat with some of these players. 

This isn't aimed at all of them, obviously, but I think the players thanks came in the form of Vale fans paying £300 + 23 x £10 to watch them, overall, disappoint.

Archived