onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A message to the Squad

Just now, philmpv said:

Go on then, I'll bite. What for you would be 'valid reasons' for what happened for over half of the season?

What a stupid question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I do not work for the Vale, and don't know any of the players to ask for information, I can't possibly know what happened - and neither can you! But you have to remember these are not supermen, or aliens - they are human beings, and prone to errors, or lapses of judgment, and it's totally unfair to think you're so perfect as to pronounce judgment on them without the facts or any evidence - other than unsubstantiated rumours! 

Advert

What a stupid question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I do not work for the Vale, and don't know any of the players to ask for information, I can't possibly know what happened - and neither can you! But you have to remember these are not supermen, or aliens - they are human beings, and prone to errors, or lapses of judgment, and it's totally unfair to think you're so perfect as to pronounce judgment on them without the facts or any evidence - other than unsubstantiated rumours! 

I didn't ask what the reasons were. I simply asked what in your view would be valid reasons, since you were clearly seeking to denounce anybody who dared to refuse to applaud the players for this seasons efforts by claiming that there may have been valid reasons for what has happened. Again I'm not asking what they actually were but what would constitute valid reasons for you.

16 minutes ago, philmpv said:
21 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I didn't ask what the reasons were. I simply asked what in your view would be valid reasons, since you were clearly seeking to denounce anybody who dared to refuse to applaud the players for this seasons efforts by claiming that there may have been valid reasons for what has happened. Again I'm not asking what they actually were but what would constitute valid reasons for you.

17 minutes ago, philmpv said:
22 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I didn't ask what the reasons were....

Well...yes you did!

"What for you would be 'valid reasons...'" 

And I never said the players had to be applauded for this season...just that...as I'm saying - again - that if you don't know the reason why something has happened you shouldn't judge! And - again - I have no idea what would have brought this about...but, obviously...something did, which seemed to have affected the players team spirit and confidence? But I don't pretend to know what.

And we can keep going round and round on this and my answer will always be "I don't know why" - because I don't, and am not prepared to speculate without facts!

44 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Never said I was. But I don't gloss over the truth, nor do I dish out false platitudes. If you booked a plumber who turned up 5 hours late, would you thank him for finally turning up, or express your displeasure?

I'd be grateful he turned up at all and recommend him to all of my friends. The amount of workmen who promise they'll show up and then suddenly disappear off the face of the earth is startling.

So if someone robs my house, I need to find out the reason why they felt the need to rob my house before I may be outraged and judge them as robbing scummers? I'd like to live in your world of candy floss clouds and flying unicorns, but for now I'll stay in the real world thanks

Well...yes you did!
"What for you would be 'valid reasons...'" 
And I never said the players had to be applauded for this season...just that...as I'm saying - again - that if you don't know the reason why something has happened you shouldn't judge! And - again - I have no idea what would have brought this about...but, obviously...something did, which seemed to have affected the players team spirit and confidence? But I don't pretend to know what.
And we can keep going round and round on this and my answer will always be "I don't know why" - because I don't, and am not prepared to speculate without facts!

43 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What valid reason is there for not trying? There isn’t one. The squad has been a complete embarrassment this season. That is a fact. The majority need ridding of and it looks like we have a manager / staff that agree with this. I really don’t get why the players should be thanked for what has been one of our worst seasons in the basement of English football where up until 10 games ago we were right in a relegation battle and didn’t look remotely interested. 

We've finished in the bottom half of the basement division 26 times in our history and had 10 relegation campaigns. It hasn't been a great season but let's try and not be too hysterical with the criticism.

In the real work world if half your team consistently under performed  they would be gone, no luxury of a contract. Now the season ends and  players lose their contract safety net then fully expect the same result. OK these players arent on massive wages but most on here would swap with them salary wise, so little sympathy.

2 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Just a quick note to thank all of the members of the squad for their efforts in a somewhat trying season.

Goodbye and good luck to those of you who may be leaving us.

It may not have panned out the way we hoped but it's been entertaining as usual, one way or another.

Many of the players have come in for quite a lot of criticism over the season and some of it may have been justified, we fans may never know the full story of how/why it all seemed to fall apart but that's by the by now.

Fans sometimes forget that you are working men, trying to provide a home, food and a good life for your families.

Football's a funny game where things can change on the bounce of a ball. Games are won and lost mainly by mistakes by players - if goalkeepers and defenders never made mistakes then would any goals ever be conceded ? How often do we bemoan our team for conceding yet fail to see the flaws of others when we score?

Here's hoping to sign off with a win today 

Anyway, thanks again, season 20/21 will long be remembered for various reasons, whatever the future for each and all of you I wish you all the best.

Regards

Fred 

I’ll thank a few but we all know there were quite a few who let us all down while picking up good money. There are some players at the club on 50-80k per year.

They are well off young men and some of the efforts were well below professional standard. 

1 minute ago, Wrex said:

We've finished in the bottom half of the basement division 26 times in our history and had 10 relegation campaigns. It hasn't been a great season but let's try and not be too hysterical with the criticism.

I’m really not being hysterical. It’s been appalling. It’s been for more than ‘not a great season’. Some of the worst games I’ve ever seen. Games like Stevenage away, I can’t think of many worse than that. 

44 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Go on then, I'll bite. What for you would be 'valid reasons' for what happened for over half of the season?

I don't think it's rocket science. Some of the players aren't that good. Some of the players are past it. The management completely lost it's way a third of the way through and the squad was rudderless until Clarke only arrived in February. Loss of form, loss of confidence, injuries to key players.

Oh wait, no the players are evil and wanted to get the cub relegated because they hated the way Carol paid them their wages every week.

But as they're 'working people' according to LT, you must find out why they didn't turn up before you can question it.

I'd be grateful he turned up at all and recommend him to all of my friends. The amount of workmen who promise they'll show up and then suddenly disappear off the face of the earth is startling.

Confidence is huge in football. Just look at Joe Hart if you need an example. Pep destroyed his confidence. In the autumn and early winter we suffered numerous turnarounds and late goals, h& ad our own that may have turned the tide disallowed against Scunthorpe (I think). The players have managed to overcome that and turn the tide albeit after a manager has lost their job.

Their is this idea that players down tools and don't try. That may be the case for the odd player but you don't tend to make it as a professional footballer if you don't have a drive to win. The losses will hurt most of the players almost as much as us. They know if they don't perform they could well end up stacking shelves or driving a taxi.

You have poisoned enough threads with your bitterness. This thread is to thank the players for their efforts so if you haven't got anything positive to say butt out and state your opinions on the countless other threads available to you.

20 minutes ago, philmpv said:

So if someone robs my house, I need to find out the reason why they felt the need to rob my house before I may be outraged and judge them as robbing scummers? I'd like to live in your world of candy floss clouds and flying unicorns, but for now I'll stay in the real world thanks

Again - your analogy is rubbish! I suspect - from your posts = that you have little understanding of the real world unless it meshes with your own little world! Round and round...

Confidence is huge in football. Just look at Joe Hart if you need an example. Pep destroyed his confidence. In the autumn and early winter we suffered numerous turnarounds and late goals, h& ad our own that may have turned the tide disallowed against Scunthorpe (I think). The players have managed to overcome that and turn the tide albeit after a manager has lost their job.

Their is this idea that players down tools and don't try. That may be the case for the odd player but you don't tend to make it as a professional footballer if you don't have a drive to win. The losses will hurt most of the players almost as much as us. They know if they don't perform they could well end up stacking shelves or driving a taxi.

You have poisoned enough threads with your bitterness. This thread is to thank the players for their efforts so if you haven't got anything positive to say butt out and state your opinions on the countless other threads available to you.
The thread is titled a message to the squad. A forum is about debate and expressing different opinions. If BHF didn't want comments and debate on his thank you letter, why start a thread on a public forum, and not just email via the Club directly? If this offends you, then I'd suggest you don't come onto a public forum with differing opinions

Archived