Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Advert:


This is so lovely to read. 'Legend' is a massively overused word these days, but for Sir John it is most certainly apt.

So glad you got this richly deserved chance to speak to the man himself, and hope all well again in the Fielding house soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caught up with the Jon McCarthy interview on the Ale & The Vale Pod yesterday and I was struck by something similar. All the ex player interviews have been really heartening to listen to and you realise how special those times were for everyone concerned. Even the players who you'd forgive for being more detached and professional about it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob; OVF is a crucial part of being a Vale fan.

It was fundamental in gathering support in both protests, and over the last year has been a vital way of staying connected with the club/fans when it has been very tempting and easy to disengage.

The work you do in chronicling our history is excellent, and I'm glad Rudgey appreciates.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Rob; OVF is a crucial part of being a Vale fan.

It was fundamental in gathering support in both protests, and over the last year has been a vital way of staying connected with the club/fans when it has been very tempting and easy to disengage.

The work you do in chronicling our history is excellent, and I'm glad Rudgey appreciates.

Indeed, Gorm was scared of this forum, because it held power he couldn’t. Hence PENNY BLACK and covert PMs to people trying to get them onside with insider knowledge. OVF was crucial in distributing and informing of the chaotic details of his disastrous ownership. Lot harder to pressure him out without it. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


ps if you’re reading this Rudgey, I hope they’re having you run the scouting and recruitment! Another Tony Naylor please. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Rob; OVF is a crucial part of being a Vale fan.

It was fundamental in gathering support in both protests, and over the last year has been a vital way of staying connected with the club/fans when it has been very tempting and easy to disengage.

The work you do in chronicling our history is excellent, and I'm glad Rudgey appreciates.

Totally agree with this.

 

Rob, the OVF site is really important to some Valiants, especially those not local to Burslem and don't get the Sentinel or any other media reports about the Vale.

I'm certain I speak for all who post on here- a massive thanks to you and others who take their time and effort to allow OVF to continue. Rudgey is one of us, he too appreciates all the work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Doha said:

Indeed, Gorm was scared of this forum, because it held power he couldn’t. Hence PENNY BLACK and covert PMs to people trying to get them onside with insider knowledge. OVF was crucial in distributing and informing of the chaotic details of his disastrous ownership. Lot harder to pressure him out without it. 

Part of me misses logging in and seeing what that lunatic was up to. Was superb entertainment if you ignored the wanton destruction of PVFC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Part of me misses logging in and seeing what that lunatic was up to. Was superb entertainment if you ignored the wanton destruction of PVFC. 

I often think of his encounter with your Dad in the Gents at Vale.  "How's your little protest going?"  Well you know now, Norm!

Rudgie is a hero.  On the morning after he won the award his missus rang us to say how chuffed he was and how she was upset we weren't there to see it.  Just for info, she's missed her many trips to M&S during lockdown!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ovf is the global signpost and crossroads to and from all things Port Vale. Its Forum is a smorgasbord rich in past and present and contains contributions from a world wide, broad church family - all thanks to a lad from Caverswall.

p.s. Rob, sincerely hopimg all is well on the home frunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

I often think of his encounter with your Dad in the Gents at Vale.  "How's your little protest going?"  Well you know now, Norm!

Rudgie is a hero.  On the morning after he won the award his missus rang us to say how chuffed he was and how she was upset we weren't there to see it.  Just for info, she's missed her many trips to M&S during lockdown!!

Hello

You write as if lm the beaten man

The protests were a godsend for all

Carol got the Club 

l made just short of 3M profit

Good business for us all

l and Club in a much better place

 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SMURF said:

Hello

You write as if lm the beaten man

The protests were a godsend for all

Carol got the Club 

l made just short of 3M profit

Good business for us all

l and Club in a much better place

 

 

 

3 million well done hope your kids spend it wisely 

is money worth been hated by thousands of people 

I really hope I don’t bump into u out and about somewhere 👍 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SMURF said:

Hello

You write as if lm the beaten man

The protests were a godsend for all

Carol got the Club 

l made just short of 3M profit

Good business for us all

l and Club in a much better place

 

 

 

Glad to see you’re still taking an interest. 
Glad to see you accept what we all knew - you were a rubbish owner. 
Glad to see you admit you were only in it to scam money out of the club and had no affection for it at all. 
Most of all, glad you’ll never darken our doors again - you are a prime example of the sort of owners who bring shame on English football with their money grabbing ways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi (fans and former owners). Please keep this on topic. It was meant to be a thank you to a club legend!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


31 minutes ago, robf said:

Hi (fans and former owners). Please keep this on topic. It was meant to be a thank you to a club legend!

Sorry, Rob. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SMURF said:

Hello

You write as if lm the beaten man

The protests were a godsend for all

Carol got the Club 

l made just short of 3M profit

Good business for us all

l and Club in a much better place

 

 

 

Do one!THIS IS FOR THE GREATEST MAN THAT EVER SET FOOT IN VALE PARK.SIR JOHN RUDGE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, Rob for running OVF so well for so many years. I'm more or less addicted, I'm afraid - on it most days when it restores my sense of perspective. And congrats on your phone call with Sir John, it must have made your day, a true legend. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here

    Please check with site staff if you wish to sell, auction or raffle any items on here. We are very happy to support good causes but do ask you to check with us first - Contact us here



×
×
  • Create New...