Is it April fools Day ?

Advert:

As expected and proven by Ginge a copy and paste reply from a robot !!

Well done for raising this ridiculous oversight .

I myself raised a complaint a few years back on a different subject. Millwall was moved to a Sunday to accomodate Sky tv on a Thursday night in the paint pot trophy. I'd already brought my train tickets and was unable to go on the Sunday.

Again the EFL could not give a stuff and i got a similar half baked robotic reply.

But well done Jacko for contacting the clowns.

Here is my reply from the EFL:
Hello Jean,

Thank you for your email.

The Manager of the Month is shortlisted by experts in the industry and a judging panel will then decide on the eventual winner.

The panel take into account various different things - though results play a strong part, there needs to be consideration of the wider context of performance and other factors taken into account, otherwise there would be no need for a panel or a shortlist and it would just be given straight to the manager of the team with the highest number of accrued points.

We trust this provides a little more clarity regarding the Manager of the Month award.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

Danny

Supporter Services Department

EFL
And here is my reply to their reply!!
Hi Danny

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply to my email.  I was pleased to see that you clearly agree with the point I made – that the Manager of the Month award should not just be given to the manager whose team has accrued the highest number of points but rather look at the wider context.  It is exactly because the wider context was ignored in the April League 2 award that I contacted the EFL in the first place.  I appreciate that I am not going to get the EFL to change its mind on this matter but I have to say that, as far as any fair minded League 2 supporter is concerned, it has made a dreadful mistake in giving this award to Gary Bowyer of media darlings Salford, rather than Darrell Clarke of Port Vale.  I would respectfully ask that your judging panel pays more attention to the “wider context” in the future.

Kind regards

Jean Jackson

I also emailed them and got this reply :

Thank you for your email.

The Manager of the Month is shortlisted by experts in the industry and a judging panel will then decide on the eventual winner.

The panel take into account various different things - though results play a strong part, there needs to be consideration of the wider context of performance and other factors taken into account, otherwise there would be no need for a panel or a shortlist and it would just be given straight to the manager of the team with the highest number of accrued points.

We trust this provides a little more clarity regarding the Manager of the Month award.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Advert:

The judgment of the EFL’s so called “experts in the industry” (surely is a misnomer if ever there was one,) may be clouded, but the same can’t be said of those who chose the SkyBet League 2 goal of the month for April. Well done Tom Conlon.

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The judgment of the EFL’s so called “experts in the industry” (surely is a misnomer if ever there was one,) may be clouded, but the same can’t be said of those who chose the SkyBet League 2 goal of the month for April. Well done Tom Conlon.

It was a fans vote wasn't it?? Or is that what you mean 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I see Steve Bruce has won the Prem Manager of the Month for April.  But he didn't get most points?  How does that work??

True. I will just say, I like Steve Bruce. Don't know what the Newcastle fans expect. And he seems a decent fella too.