Is it April fools Day ?

I personally don’t mind. I tend to think it is a mark of respect to us that the EFL don’t think our run is that remarkable. Neither do I. Yes DC has been amazing, but really we should have been promoted easily and the recent form was what we had been capable of all season. 

1 hour ago, Aguar61 said:

Sounds like one of Mark E. Smiths phrases

"Sal. Ford.  W*nkfest-uh."

With Gary Neville's granny on bongos.

• Haha 2

Will be interesting to see how the EFL worm their way out of this one when replying to Jean’s letter.

there can be no denying the facts that she stated in the letter, I fail to see how they are going to justify their decision based on those facts in front of them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Will be interesting to see how the EFL worm their way out of this one when replying to Jean’s letter.

there can be no denying the facts that she stated in the letter, I fail to see how they are going to justify their decision based on those facts in front of them.

The wan’ers probably won’t even reply 

Pointless writing letters to the EFL.  You may as well carve your message into the surface of the A500 for what difference it’ll make.

I would add that if you do take the latter option please leave it til the early hours.  Much less busy in my experience and the whole thing will be a whole lot neater.

Does it really matter. We all know how well we did last month.

All winning the award does is increase Clarke's stock and if he remains successful reduce the amount of time before someone poaches him.

I'd rather we win promotion next season than a manager of the month award in a season where we have finished mid table, even if that month was outstanding.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Maybe they think giving Bowyer the award will stop Neville from sacking him after they hit a short patch of bad form

To be honest I don't know if GNev has any real power or if the Class of 92 are just figureheads / a PR stunt for the documentary makers.

Peter Lim is the money man, he sacked Valencia's manager (again) the other day. Their fans think he's turned the club into a joke.

Edited by Santa

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Salford game has been put back until 4pm so they will know what they have to do. !! Just destined to go up.

Just seen that, have they given a reason for it?  Weather, away team arriving late?

Just now, NellyTheValiant said:

Just seen that, have they given a reason for it?  Weather, away team arriving late?

Weather.  Apparently the Altrincham game just down the road has been postponed.

• Like 1

On 07/05/2021 at 10:04, Jacko51 said:

Email to the EFL.

Sir, I would like some explanation as to why Gary Bowyer, manager of a team which dropped seven points during the month, including a home defeat, has been awarded League Two Manager of the Month for April.  The record of Port Vale's Darrell Clarke, whose team dropped only two points and conceded only one goal in their six games, is clearly superior.  The fact that Salford played two more games to get one more point than Vale should not make their record worthy of the award. 

I would be interested to know the criteria used to establish the winner of this award.  If it is simply the number of points obtained irrespective of the number of games played, I would politely suggest that your criteria are ridiculous and should be reviewed in the light of such an anomaly.  Also, why do you need a panel of “experts” to decide on the award if you are simply going to give the prize on the basis of points obtained rather than any analysis of other factors such as number of games played or the position and form of the team prior to the start of the month?  You will recall that the final positions in League Two last season were established on the basis of points-per-game.  Using that principle, Clarke’s record during April is clearly superior to Bowyer’s – 2.67 points per game against 2.13.  I find it hard to understand why points-per-game is acceptable one minute but not the next.

Clarke has produced a miraculous turn around at Port Vale in April, his record in the month being part of a run of eight wins from nine games which took the club from relegation strugglers to the top half of the table.  It included April wins against promotion chasing Exeter and Morecambe in contrast to Salford’s inability to win a home game against soon to be relegated Grimsby.   In this case, Salford and Bowyer have benefitted from having games postponed earlier in the season and needing to catch up in April. 

To any fan with a modicum of common sense the April League Two trophy has been awarded erroneously and the Football League should consider how it comes to its decisions in future.  Just because Salford City FC is a club with a high profile in the media this should not make any difference to a fair analysis of its performance.

I await your response with interest.

Fate obviously decided that Darrell Clarke was the moral winner of the Manager Of The Month award for April because he's been the recipient of the curse.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Santa said:

Fate obviously decided that Darrell Clarke was the moral winner of the Manager Of The Month award for April because he's been the recipient of the curse.

Happily it also hit Salford as they lost to Colchester and miss out on the play-offs