Players released from other clubs

Iron Curtain

8 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Eisa would be decent but similar to Amoo, we have Rodney who can play wide plus Amoo and Woz.

Van Veen leaving too as they can’t afford to keep him but he’s been a crock this season.

Ahhhh Crock, i need to get my eyes tested 🤣

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but David Davis released from Shrewsbury. Never really ventures from the Midlands and played pretty much every game for Shrewsbury since signing in January. Loads of experience in the Championship and only 30. Some Shrews suprised he's gone.

Described as a defensive midfielder, doing the nitty-gritty ball winning and a good leader. A Joyce replacement? Been suggested by a lower league analyst.

Edited by Joe B

Already, you could look at a raft of signings such as (all which I think are attainable for us):

Mal Benning

Ro-Shaun Williams

Tom Parkes

Frazer Blake-Tracey

Ben Fox

David Davis

Sam Finley

Josh Morris

Josh Gordon/Wes McDonald (not sure of the difference)

And immediately improve the squad. This is leaving out bigger names such as Ryan Allsop, Emyr Huws, Tristan Nydam, Andy Cook, Louis Reed, Ryan Broom, Amadou Bakayoko etc.

In no way suggesting we'd get anywhere near all of those players, but it just gives an indication of the amount of talent available this summer.

• Like 1

Colchester have released a bunch of players today... some interesting ones I assume are because of wages:

Joshi Bohui - 22, Fwd, only played 13 games

Javani Brown - Fwd, 26yo, Bit of a "name" in league 2 but output always mixed

Callum Coulter - 20yo GK

Paris Cowan-Hall, Fwd / Winger, 30yo, 0 goals in 13, We were apparently after him 2 years ago, 

Luke Gambin - winger, 28yo, 11 games on loan at Newport this year

Callum Harriott, 27yo Winger, 9 goals in 36 games this year

Tom Lapslie - 25 yo midfielder, bit part player, different from the Lapslie at MAnsfield who is very good

Harry Pell - 29yo, Midfielder, Used to be very good, thought he was poor against us 

Courtney Senior - Still only 23, once the darling of Colchester, Think he has had some injuries, brilliant on his day, question mark on how often that is

Omar Sowunmi - 25yo, Sub Centre half

Diaz Wright - 23 yo midfielder lots of none league loans.

Their fans seem disappointednted about Harriot, Pell and Lapslie.. and are over the moon about Senior and Brown

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Colchester have released a bunch of players today... some interesting ones I assume are because of wages:

Joshi Bohui - 22, Fwd, only played 13 games

Javani Brown - Fwd, 26yo, Bit of a "name" in league 2 but output always mixed

Callum Coulter - 20yo GK

Paris Cowan-Hall, Fwd / Winger, 30yo, 0 goals in 13, We were apparently after him 2 years ago, 

Luke Gambin - winger, 28yo, 11 games on loan at Newport this year

Callum Harriott, 27yo Winger, 9 goals in 36 games this year

Tom Lapslie - 25 yo midfielder, bit part player, different from the Lapslie at MAnsfield who is very good

Harry Pell - 29yo, Midfielder, Used to be very good, thought he was poor against us 

Courtney Senior - Still only 23, once the darling of Colchester, Think he has had some injuries, brilliant on his day, question mark on how often that is

Omar Sowunmi - 25yo, Sub Centre half

Diaz Wright - 23 yo midfielder lots of none league loans.

Their fans seem disappointednted about Harriot, Pell and Lapslie.. and are over the moon about Senior and Brown

Gambin looked excellent against us for Newport and sure he changed the game at home to Colchester when we were all over them until he came on? 

Pell always decent against us but seemed below that standard this season.

Courtney Senior always looks like Roberto Carlos against us and scored loads against us but does seem reading their comments that its just saved for us! Would have been ideal as a full back in the 3-5-2 though

53 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Cheltenham town:

Alex Addai, Dan Browry, Tavhon Campbell, Tom Chamberlain and Chris Clements

They are all bit part players who have been loaned out to none league this year or made a small nu,ber of sub apperances.

Addai looked excellent at our place just before Christmas in the curtailed season. Pacey, few goals to his name but Cheltenham stocked up on loads of strikers... maybe not a bad punt to take?

Gillingham

Offered deals but turned down... probably because playing for Fatty Evans is worse than torture:

Jack Bonham, GK played all their games last year, 27yo, 6ft 4, Went on loan to Rovers under DC

Jordan Graham - 26yo Winger, 12 goals this season

Conner Ogilvie - 25yo Centre back / left back, 6ft, PLayed every game 

Released

Sacha Bastien - GK, French version of Visser, continual backup

Tyreke Johnson - 22 year old midfielder, only 6 apperances

Dominic Samuel - 6ft 2 striker, 27yo, 3 goals in 22

Matty Willock - Ex Man U prodigy, 24yo, 18 games over 2 years

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Gambin looked excellent against us for Newport and sure he changed the game at home to Colchester when we were all over them until he came on? 

Pell always decent against us but seemed below that standard this season.

Courtney Senior always looks like Roberto Carlos against us and scored loads against us but does seem reading their comments that its just saved for us! Would have been ideal as a full back in the 3-5-2 though

Pell has just tweeted saying thanks to Colchester for the memories and then joked that they all came in his first 2 seasons there rather than the last.

There are a few players on the Colchester list who under new management could be a real pickup... then again they could just slide into obscurity. Thats the challenge I guess.

Yes, I remember Addai being good in that game. Thought he'd had a run of injuries either side of that performance but not sure. Difficult when you only see players once or twice over a couple of seasons. I remember Kaid Mohammed always looked like a classy winger/ forward... except in a Vale shirt...and going back further Bob Delgado anybody...?

• Like 1

Harry Pell would be an excellent signing. He was injured at the beginning of the season so missed a lot of games. Providing he is over the injury then a proper pre season could give us the Pell of previous seasons when he was excellent.

Pell is a very good player at this level, was poor against us though. Senior is an odd one, every time I’ve seen him he’s been excellent, however it seems those performances only seem to come against us. 
I’d take pell and Harriott though