onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players released from other clubs

Iron Curtain

25 minutes ago, mikey said:

two in 16 isn't great though is it?

Indeed, worse than Pope this season. 
If we signed some big money has been up front I would be rather annoyed that we let Pope go for that sort of signing. 

I don’t think we will. I think DC and DF are smarter than that. 

Advert

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Darren, I agree age isn’t on his side but could still bang them in at L2 level. I’d imagine that he’ll go L1 and his wages would be off putting, but could be the new Ron Futcher, who knows. 

I agree mate, was just being facetious. However he didn't pull up many trees for Tranmere despite them being a top 7 team. 

43 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I agree mate, was just being facetious. However he didn't pull up many trees for Tranmere despite them being a top 7 team. 

That’s true. When it comes to finding younger players on the way up we now have to compete with the National League teams and some of those pay more than us.

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Someone mentioned him previously and was a good spot. Tshimanga at Boreham Wood, scored again on Saturday .

Here is a list of National League score charts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league/top-scorers 

The lad at number 10 is a youngster on loan from Millwall to Sutton aged 21 Isaac Olaofe 

I mentioned Tshimanga a while ago on here as he wants to try league football after rising up through the non leagues,i also mentioned Olaofe a couple of weeks ago after watching him 2 or 3 times on BT,he was the stand out player in those games by a mile,Notts County couldn't stop him and had to foul him all through the game and his goal in that one was excellent took on the whole defence,plays out wide .

39 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I mentioned Tshimanga a while ago on here as he wants to try league football after rising up through the non leagues,i also mentioned Olaofe a couple of weeks ago after watching him 2 or 3 times on BT,he was the stand out player in those games by a mile,Notts County couldn't stop him and had to foul him all through the game and his goal in that one was excellent took on the whole defence,plays out wide .

There were rumours that we were after Rhys Oates last summer, but all from the ususal sources  of twitter with no substance.

Judging on D3D4 or Ed Walkers twitter (I cant remember which), that Rúben Rodrigues at Notts county is one hell of a player... cant say I have seen him play but they rave about him.

On 15/05/2021 at 22:48, valiant_593 said:

Not someone we should be in for regardless imo Poor record, dropping down the leagues high wage demand and always injured 

Maybe a player you just don't fancy as I'm not so sure he's "always injured" - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-wilson/verletzungen/spieler/214104

I've no idea as to what his wage demands would be, and would guess you know about as much as me on that score.

Always looked like he'd got a bit of quality when I've seen him.  The question I would have would be one of attitude rather than ability.

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

There were rumours that we were after Rhys Oates last summer, but all from the ususal sources  of twitter with no substance.

Judging on D3D4 or Ed Walkers twitter (I cant remember which), that Rúben Rodrigues at Notts county is one hell of a player... cant say I have seen him play but they rave about him.

Not all season obviously but i have seen him in a few of the live games on BT again and tbh he hasn't impressed me but that Sutton lad on loan from Millwall really did.

To be fair nobody on the Notts County stood out to me in the games i watched

7 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Maybe a player you just don't fancy as I'm not so sure he's "always injured" - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-wilson/verletzungen/spieler/214104

I've no idea as to what his wage demands would be, and would guess you know about as much as me on that score.

Always looked like he'd got a bit of quality when I've seen him.  The question I would have would be one of attitude rather than ability.

I think i'm right that he played Biddulph ladsandads so he's obviously local ( ish ) , also seem to recall when he made his United debut there was an article about where Nathan Smith marked him out of the game .

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/james-wilson-sunderland-aberdeen-preston-3033941 

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I think i'm right that he played Biddulph ladsandads so he's obviously local ( ish ) , also seem to recall when he made his United debut there was an article about where Nathan Smith marked him out of the game .

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/james-wilson-sunderland-aberdeen-preston-3033941 

Yes he is local but sadly yet another young lad who received a big salary for his age and thought he "has made it" . He's just another McKirdy - big time Charlie and done <ovf censored> all to back it up. The type of player we need to stay well clear of. 

I think there is benefit to signing local players. It can be commitment to the area in career and post career. I can imagine that a consideration for every player, but particularly League 2, should be what do I do after my career. What skills can I acquire for post football life. It has to be much easier to do that from a stable platform in the area you know. So for example, if Conlon went back to Crawley perhaps he wouldn't naturally feel right about starting off in coaching juniors in the community. If Smith went to Crawley, that is a place he has never been at all and needs to learn the local area, perhaps only to be there for a year or two. So I guess what I am saying, is that Conlon and Smith can form a view of how far up the pyramid they are likely to go. Looks like League 1 maybe, which Vale could achieve, maybe Championship at a push. So does that bring commitment to Port Vale which is valuable to both parties? Would a local signing also look at it that way? Can Port Vale boost stability and attract and retain slightly better players if they are relatively local or in reasonable commuting distance?

Jurgen Klopp made a good point about local players recently. He  said something like local players in the first team squad give players who are not from the area or even the country a good sense of what the club means to the fans/community and what the fans/community means to the club, they provide an idea of the spirit and make up of the area etc.

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Jurgen Klopp made a good point about local players recently. He  said something like local players in the first team squad give players who are not from the area or even the country a good sense of what the club means to the fans/community and what the fans/community means to the club, they provide an idea of the spirit and make up of the area etc.

Allison 

Trent Van dijk Gomez Robertson

Thiago Wijnaldum Fabinho 

Mane Salah Firmino 

Well one out of 11 isn't bad Jürgen 

On 19/05/2021 at 07:04, Warren said:

I think there is benefit to signing local players. It can be commitment to the area in career and post career. I can imagine that a consideration for every player, but particularly League 2, should be what do I do after my career. What skills can I acquire for post football life. It has to be much easier to do that from a stable platform in the area you know. So for example, if Conlon went back to Crawley perhaps he wouldn't naturally feel right about starting off in coaching juniors in the community. If Smith went to Crawley, that is a place he has never been at all and needs to learn the local area, perhaps only to be there for a year or two. So I guess what I am saying, is that Conlon and Smith can form a view of how far up the pyramid they are likely to go. Looks like League 1 maybe, which Vale could achieve, maybe Championship at a push. So does that bring commitment to Port Vale which is valuable to both parties? Would a local signing also look at it that way? Can Port Vale boost stability and attract and retain slightly better players if they are relatively local or in reasonable commuting distance?

The likes of Brown, Legge,Montano and Worrall all came from Southern Clubs, ended up as great servants to the club. Conversely Martin Paterson was as local as you can get, having been raised local but was dreadful. 

Archived