onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players released from other clubs

Iron Curtain

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Is it the Morris ex Scunthorpe ? He always notched a few but thought played further forward.

Probably a different one 

When I saw Morris' name, I wondered if it was that midfielder that notched 20 odd goals a few season back, and was shocked it was!

Strange they're releasing him!

A 1 in 5 career goal record, mainly in League One, and only 29 years old?

image.png.9327d7b74c6c3ea42bfbb687ba17015e.png

Advert

35 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Ed Upson been released by Bristol Rovers. I think Clarke signed him there. At 31 would be an ideal replacement for Joyce.

Good shout Mellor,the only problem i see is that a lot of names mentioned are around the age of 30 but i cant see many of those coming in,i can see a few then the majority will be 25/26 imo with a few 20/21 in there as well,its a good mix though

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Scunthorpe lose quite a few due to lack of funds. Might be worth a glance at Eisa. 

He can’t wear glasses I’ve heard, because one Eisa than the other.

I think its noticeable the quantity of players released by other lower league clubs already. It certainly looks to be a market in favour of clubs rather than players this summer. I suspect this was part of the calculation by Flickers and Carole for our own retained list.

8 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Eisa would be decent but similar to Amoo, we have Rodney who can play wide plus Amoo and Woz.

Van Veen leaving too as they can’t afford to keep him but he’s been a crock this season.

Ahhhh Crock, i need to get my eyes tested 🤣

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but David Davis released from Shrewsbury. Never really ventures from the Midlands and played pretty much every game for Shrewsbury since signing in January. Loads of experience in the Championship and only 30. Some Shrews suprised he's gone.

Described as a defensive midfielder, doing the nitty-gritty ball winning and a good leader. A Joyce replacement? Been suggested by a lower league analyst.

Already, you could look at a raft of signings such as (all which I think are attainable for us):

Mal Benning

Ro-Shaun Williams

Tom Parkes

Frazer Blake-Tracey

Ben Fox

David Davis

Sam Finley

Josh Morris

Josh Gordon/Wes McDonald (not sure of the difference)

And immediately improve the squad. This is leaving out bigger names such as Ryan Allsop, Emyr Huws, Tristan Nydam, Andy Cook, Louis Reed, Ryan Broom, Amadou Bakayoko etc.

In no way suggesting we'd get anywhere near all of those players, but it just gives an indication of the amount of talent available this summer.

Colchester have released a bunch of players today... some interesting ones I assume are because of wages:

Joshi Bohui - 22, Fwd, only played 13 games

Javani Brown - Fwd, 26yo, Bit of a "name" in league 2 but output always mixed

Callum Coulter - 20yo GK

Paris Cowan-Hall, Fwd / Winger, 30yo, 0 goals in 13, We were apparently after him 2 years ago, 

Luke Gambin - winger, 28yo, 11 games on loan at Newport this year

Callum Harriott, 27yo Winger, 9 goals in 36 games this year

Tom Lapslie - 25 yo midfielder, bit part player, different from the Lapslie at MAnsfield who is very good

Harry Pell - 29yo, Midfielder, Used to be very good, thought he was poor against us 

Courtney Senior - Still only 23, once the darling of Colchester, Think he has had some injuries, brilliant on his day, question mark on how often that is

Omar Sowunmi - 25yo, Sub Centre half

Diaz Wright - 23 yo midfielder lots of none league loans.

Their fans seem disappointednted about Harriot, Pell and Lapslie.. and are over the moon about Senior and Brown

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Colchester have released a bunch of players today... some interesting ones I assume are because of wages:

Joshi Bohui - 22, Fwd, only played 13 games

Javani Brown - Fwd, 26yo, Bit of a "name" in league 2 but output always mixed

Callum Coulter - 20yo GK

Paris Cowan-Hall, Fwd / Winger, 30yo, 0 goals in 13, We were apparently after him 2 years ago, 

Luke Gambin - winger, 28yo, 11 games on loan at Newport this year

Callum Harriott, 27yo Winger, 9 goals in 36 games this year

Tom Lapslie - 25 yo midfielder, bit part player, different from the Lapslie at MAnsfield who is very good

Harry Pell - 29yo, Midfielder, Used to be very good, thought he was poor against us 

Courtney Senior - Still only 23, once the darling of Colchester, Think he has had some injuries, brilliant on his day, question mark on how often that is

Omar Sowunmi - 25yo, Sub Centre half

Diaz Wright - 23 yo midfielder lots of none league loans.

Their fans seem disappointednted about Harriot, Pell and Lapslie.. and are over the moon about Senior and Brown

Gambin looked excellent against us for Newport and sure he changed the game at home to Colchester when we were all over them until he came on? 

Pell always decent against us but seemed below that standard this season.

Courtney Senior always looks like Roberto Carlos against us and scored loads against us but does seem reading their comments that its just saved for us! Would have been ideal as a full back in the 3-5-2 though

Archived