Who do we want to welcome back?

There are shops everywhere in Stockport. Not just the Town centre but the ones in Edgeley neighbourhood itself. Is so easy to get to. I don't like them because their club legend is the gone again Gannon. 

Advert:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As much as I'd rather it wasn't Sutton they've won it fair and square. The National League is one of the hardest to get out of the right way, so its merited. We can't be moaning about a Euro

With Notts County beating Sutton tonight the race for a return to league football is very much on for Torquay, Hartlepool, Stockport, Wrexham, Notts C, Halifax or Chesterfield.   Wrexham and Stockport

A phrase never heard on Location location 

Can anyone recall 8/5/4 when on the last day of the season we needed to win at Rushden and Swindon were playing Hartlepool. We needed to win and duly did with two goals from McPhee who scored 24 that season. If  Swindon and Hartlepool drew them we didn’t make the play offs and strangely enough that’s just what they did. It is for this reason that I don’t want Hartlepool to come up. I even used to manage them before this on Championship Manager. It was my mates computer and he had PVFC.

5 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Can anyone recall 8/5/4 when on the last day of the season we needed to win at Rushden and Swindon were playing Hartlepool. We needed to win and duly did with two goals from McPhee who scored 24 that season. If  Swindon and Hartlepool drew them we didn’t make the play offs and strangely enough that’s just what they did. It is for this reason that I don’t want Hartlepool to come up. I even used to manage them before this on Championship Manager. It was my mates computer and he had PVFC.

A certain Mr Stelling revelled in that result. To all intents and purposes it was as close to match fixing as you could get . 

Just now, darren1810 said:

A certain Mr Stelling revelled in that result. To all intents and purposes it was as close to match fixing as you could get . 

The bookies wouldn’t take any bets on that game being a draw,that I can remember. We lost out on a play off position on goal difference. I’ll take Torquay, Halifax, Notts County or Chesterfield. Bennett recalled but wasn’t in the team for Stockport who won 4-0.

Advert:

Nenepark.jpg

6 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Yep, I remember that. It was a really strange atmosphere - we were nailed on to win (which we duly did) and everything hinged on the Swindon and Hartlepool game. It was almost as if everyone knew it would be a fix but were hoping against hope someone might accidentally score and put the cat among the pigeons. In the event, of course, the inevitable happened and everyone trooped disconsolately out of the ground. Awful end to the season and a real anticlimax. Best forgotten - even that brand new ground no longer exists!

R&D was a right weird story. That ground cost a <ovf censored> fortune but was only open for a very, very short time. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Doha said:

R&D was a right weird story. That ground cost a <ovf censored> fortune but was only open for a very, very short time. 

Leon Knight tells the story on one of the podcasts about how they paid him something like £50k signing on bonus in used notes in a bin bag! Then tried to get it back and he claims they hired someone to "Do him in".

That said, he came across as the biggest t*t on the planet on that podcast so who knows what's true or not!

Edited by Iron Curtain

7 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Leon Knight tells the story on one of the podcasts about how they paid him something like £50k signing on bonus in used notes in a bin bag! Then tried to get it back and he claims they hired someone to "Do him in".

That said, he came across as the biggest t*t on the planet on that podcast so who knows what's true or not!

He'd dodge the bullets, he could dive as well as Steino as seen at the Withdean one rainy Friday night in December.

The bookies wouldn’t take any bets on that game being a draw,that I can remember. We lost out on a play off position on goal difference. I’ll take Torquay, Halifax, Notts County or Chesterfield. Bennett recalled but wasn’t in the team for Stockport who won 4-0.

Correct, I remember going the bookies to put £100 on the draw but the match wasn’t on the football coupon

Advert:

You could say hartlepool and Swindon fixed a draw or you could say losing 5 2 at home to hartlepool or blowing a 3 nil lead to draw 3 3 at home to Swindon cost us making the play offs. I would say if goodlad had beeb fit that season then we would have performed better as brain and delaney were pretty poor.

On 07/05/2021 at 03:30, Playa Amodores said:

Remember it well....we got some sort of revenge the next season as we played them last game of the season and confirmed their relegation, I went up for that game and took great pleasure in reminding their fans what they did the season before and was happy to send them down. 

Although it looks like Sutton United for the one automatic spot. Take a look at the table for the play off fight for the one remaining place.

Wow!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Although it looks like Sutton United for the one automatic spot. Take a look at the table for the play off fight for the one remaining place.

Wow!

Might be seeing Rhys Browne at Vale Park again in that case, although even if he's contracted for next season I can see them trying to get rid as he's usually on bench at best.

Yep me too. Remember sometime in the second half all of the Vale fans started screaming and shouting as there'd been a goal or a penalty (I think) which would have meant we'd be in the play offs. Jubilation turned to despair as it didn't transpire. Even Brain was jumping up and down on the pitch in response to the Vale fans cheering! Wasn't that also the season where the game before at home we had to win to keep our chances alive and Mcphee scored in or around injury time and the place went nuts?!

Advert:

Think it was. Tranmere if memory serves and didn't we actually come from a goal down too? Also, I think the game before that was away at Notts County which we also won. I parked in some sort of disused cattle market, or something like that, and it took what seemed like hours to get out surrounded by lots of disgruntled Notts' supporters!

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

Wow!

You say it looks good for Sutton but if Torquay win tomorrow then they still might have to win both their final two games to go up.

As for the play-offs, well there's some big names in there. No wonder it can take many years for relegated clubs to regain their Football League status

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

You say it looks good for Sutton but if Torquay win tomorrow then they still might have to win both their final two games to go up.

As for the play-offs, well there's some big names in there. No wonder it can take many years for relegated clubs to regain their Football League status

Spot on!A few on here were prepared for Vale to end up there ,during the turmoil a few years,which was bonkers.Thank god we have got decent owners at last.