onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who do we want to welcome back?

ollyandpatch

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Can you refuse a promotion? I'd read some press report somewhere where supposedly they're actually not that happy about it because they'd have to replace their 4g pitch to be admitted into the league and going forward it would cost them a big drop in facilities rental income. 

Let’s hope they do and are allowed to we don’t want any more Mickey Mouse non league clubs in the league 2 there’s already to many let’s have ex league clubs back 

Advert

8 minutes ago, Doha said:

Can you refuse a promotion? I'd read some press report somewhere where supposedly they're actually not that happy about it because they'd have to replace their 4g pitch to be admitted into the league and going forward it would cost them a big drop in facilities rental income. 

Didn't Harrogate have similar problems ? Think they shared with Doncaster for a while

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Didn't Harrogate have similar problems ? Think they shared with Doncaster for a while

I'd be surprised if they became a fixture in the EFL. Their fans seem to be very concerned about finances and debt. The manager is also....the owners son. No prizes for forecasting that one. 

19 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The teams are in on merit and old farts like me can't keep living in the past but all this lot are in our division

Crawley Stevenage Morecambe Vegans Salford Harrogate and probably Sutton 

Plus Fleetwood and Burton in L1. 

And Crewe in the EFL full stop. Bizarre. 

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

The teams are in on merit and old farts like me can't keep living in the past but all this lot are in our division

Crawley Stevenage Morecambe Vegans Salford Harrogate and probably Sutton 

They will do well to survive in L2 for very long, apart from moneybags Salford. They add nothing to proper League football and it should be fun watching them disappear. By way of contrast, the old names we loved to hate - Wrexham, Chesterfield, Stockport, Notts County, Hartlepool, Halifax - are all on their way back, having been taken over by some wealthy people who mean business.

You'll soon be back, living in the future!

9 hours ago, Doha said:

They discussed it on a podcast but Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony put it quite succinctly. The cost of ripping out the AstroTurf and putting in grass, then ripping out the grass and putting in AstroTurf again would be paid for by the to extra money made from being in the Football League. So they might not like losing the AstroTurf and the facilities for the community and revenue it provides but they're not going to turn down promotion to the Football League over it. Even if they got immediately relegated then they wouldn't have lost any money doing it.

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sutton up as it stands, 1-0 up after Torquay imploded yesterday.

Tranmere also losing to Morecambe so looking like they will be contenders next season again ? 

Morecambe are an absolute garbage team. I just can't understand how they're up there this season.

30 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Looks like we'll have to beat Sutton next season to regain our status as the only club to have beaten the other 91 EFL/Premier League sides.

Personally I'd welcome them. Really the power English football has been its ability to evolve from its initial heartlands of the West Midlands and North West. I'm not 100% certain they will have a long-term future as there are a number of clubs in South London competing to build a fan base. It's been the strength of English football to mirror the changes and evolution of the country as a whole that's been It's strength. It represents the whole country from the South West to North East and North West to South East. If it hadn't evolved from its orriginal membership it would have been an oddity along what became the M6 corridor. 

11 minutes ago, JRC said:

Personally I'd welcome them. Really the power English football has been its ability to evolve from its initial heartlands of the West Midlands and North West. I'm not 100% certain they will have a long-term future as there are a number of clubs in South London competing to build a fan base. It's been the strength of English football to mirror the changes and evolution of the country as a whole that's been It's strength. It represents the whole country from the South West to North East and North West to South East. If it hadn't evolved from its orriginal membership it would have been an oddity along what became the M6 corridor. 

Sutton for Southend is a trade I'm happy to make

Archived