onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who do we want to welcome back?

ollyandpatch

The bookies wouldn’t take any bets on that game being a draw,that I can remember. We lost out on a play off position on goal difference. I’ll take Torquay, Halifax, Notts County or Chesterfield. Bennett recalled but wasn’t in the team for Stockport who won 4-0.

Correct, I remember going the bookies to put £100 on the draw but the match wasn’t on the football coupon

Advert

You could say hartlepool and Swindon fixed a draw or you could say losing 5 2 at home to hartlepool or blowing a 3 nil lead to draw 3 3 at home to Swindon cost us making the play offs. I would say if goodlad had beeb fit that season then we would have performed better as brain and delaney were pretty poor.

On 07/05/2021 at 03:30, Playa Amodores said:

Can anyone recall 8/5/4 when on the last day of the season we needed to win at Rushden and Swindon were playing Hartlepool. We needed to win and duly did with two goals from McPhee who scored 24 that season. If  Swindon and Hartlepool drew them we didn’t make the play offs and strangely enough that’s just what they did. It is for this reason that I don’t want Hartlepool to come up. I even used to manage them before this on Championship Manager. It was my mates computer and he had PVFC.

Remember it well....we got some sort of revenge the next season as we played them last game of the season and confirmed their relegation, I went up for that game and took great pleasure in reminding their fans what they did the season before and was happy to send them down. 

21 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Although it looks like Sutton United for the one automatic spot. Take a look at the table for the play off fight for the one remaining place.

Wow!

Might be seeing Rhys Browne at Vale Park again in that case, although even if he's contracted for next season I can see them trying to get rid as he's usually on bench at best.

Can anyone recall 8/5/4 when on the last day of the season we needed to win at Rushden and Swindon were playing Hartlepool. We needed to win and duly did with two goals from McPhee who scored 24 that season. If  Swindon and Hartlepool drew them we didn’t make the play offs and strangely enough that’s just what they did. It is for this reason that I don’t want Hartlepool to come up. I even used to manage them before this on Championship Manager. It was my mates computer and he had PVFC.
Yep me too. Remember sometime in the second half all of the Vale fans started screaming and shouting as there'd been a goal or a penalty (I think) which would have meant we'd be in the play offs. Jubilation turned to despair as it didn't transpire. Even Brain was jumping up and down on the pitch in response to the Vale fans cheering! Wasn't that also the season where the game before at home we had to win to keep our chances alive and Mcphee scored in or around injury time and the place went nuts?!

Think it was. Tranmere if memory serves and didn't we actually come from a goal down too? Also, I think the game before that was away at Notts County which we also won. I parked in some sort of disused cattle market, or something like that, and it took what seemed like hours to get out surrounded by lots of disgruntled Notts' supporters!

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

Although it looks like Sutton United for the one automatic spot. Take a look at the table for the play off fight for the one remaining place.

Wow!

You say it looks good for Sutton but if Torquay win tomorrow then they still might have to win both their final two games to go up.

As for the play-offs, well there's some big names in there. No wonder it can take many years for relegated clubs to regain their Football League status

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

You say it looks good for Sutton but if Torquay win tomorrow then they still might have to win both their final two games to go up.

As for the play-offs, well there's some big names in there. No wonder it can take many years for relegated clubs to regain their Football League status

Spot on!A few on here were prepared for Vale to end up there ,during the turmoil a few years,which was bonkers.Thank god we have got decent owners at last.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Big ask winning at Stockport but not impossible. 

It will all be on the Hartlepool v Sutton game as Sutton other game is hapless or hopeless Barnet 

23 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

And he was booked yet again. Must of had 4 at least since joining them 

Strange really to switch him into the back 4 especially after his MoTM performance last game when in midfield.  He's played in 3/4 different positions in the time he's been at Chesterfield so he's versatile if nothing else.

Can you refuse a promotion? I'd read some press report somewhere where supposedly they're actually not that happy about it because they'd have to replace their 4g pitch to be admitted into the league and going forward it would cost them a big drop in facilities rental income. 

Archived