onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who do we want to welcome back?

ollyandpatch

Advert

Wrexham is a dump. Torquay away days are great, even in the middle of winter, the fish and chips are good, which is important now Grimsby are gone. 

I don’t want Stockport. It may be local but the ground is awful and some dire results over the years. So depressing. 

Notts County would be great. Decent location, good ground and good followings. 

31 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Stockport feel like a Salford equivalent to me... splashing ridiculous amounts of cash on players like Paddy Madden!

Difference being IC are they are historically a proper club who have come into money unlike the class of 92 play thing. 

28 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Wrexham is a dump. Torquay away days are great, even in the middle of winter, the fish and chips are good, which is important now Grimsby are gone. 

I don’t want Stockport. It may be local but the ground is awful and some dire results over the years. So depressing. 

Notts County would be great. Decent location, good ground and good followings. 

We also clinched promotion there and our last visit we won 5-0 

I can't see past Sutton, the only game of any note that they have is Hartlepool at home but I really hope that they don't make it.  They'll be like another Stevenage, Crawley type club, no away support and another trek to get there, likewise Bromley. Torquay still have Bromley at home and go to Stockport so they have it slightly tougher.  Barnet, with Sutton playing them twice and Maidenhead play many of the top clubs so they'll have some say.

I'd be happy with any of the local clubs, Notts County, Wrexham, Stockport or Halifax. Chesterfield have really faded after they lost their main striker to injury but again I'd be happy for them to get back into the league.  Failing that Torquay for a possible weekend away.

46 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

I can't see past Sutton, the only game of any note that they have is Hartlepool at home but I really hope that they don't make it.  They'll be like another Stevenage, Crawley type club, no away support and another trek to get there, likewise Bromley. Torquay still have Bromley at home and go to Stockport so they have it slightly tougher.  Barnet, with Sutton playing them twice and Maidenhead play many of the top clubs so they'll have some say.

I'd be happy with any of the local clubs, Notts County, Wrexham, Stockport or Halifax. Chesterfield have really faded after they lost their main striker to injury but again I'd be happy for them to get back into the league.  Failing that Torquay for a possible weekend away.

I couldn't see past Sutton 6 weeks ago, but bar an impressive win at Alty they've been bottling it week on week and scraping results here and there. There's an argument to suggest they don't want to get promoted because it'd cut off a huge revenue stream from renting out their 4G pitch on non-matchdays. A pretty big earner down in S London. Barnet have also picked up recently under Mark McGhee - I don't think that's a straight forward 6 points for Sutton. I hope their chance has gone. 

Selfishly, Hartlepool and Halifax although I feel the title is beyond Pools now. Like others have said, any of the top 10 other than Bromley, Eastleigh or Sutton. I couldn't cope with a fixture list that read - Harrogate, Barrow, Crawley, Stevenage, Bromley, Sutton and FGR ffs. It's almost getting to the point where we'd get bigger cumulative away support at VP if we dropped down to non-league!

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

I couldn't see past Sutton 6 weeks ago, but bar an impressive win at Alty they've been bottling it week on week and scraping results here and there. There's an argument to suggest they don't want to get promoted because it'd cut off a huge revenue stream from renting out their 4G pitch on non-matchdays. A pretty big earner down in S London. Barnet have also picked up recently under Mark McGhee - I don't think that's a straight forward 6 points for Sutton. I hope their chance has gone. 

Selfishly, Hartlepool and Halifax although I feel the title is beyond Pools now. Like others have said, any of the top 10 other than Bromley, Eastleigh or Sutton. I couldn't cope with a fixture list that read - Harrogate, Barrow, Crawley, Stevenage, Bromley, Sutton and FGR ffs. It's almost getting to the point where we'd get bigger cumulative away support at VP if we dropped down to non-league!

Sutton beat Barnet 1-0 last Tuesday so only have to play them once. 

Stockport - Rancid place

Wrexham - See above

Notts Co - Signed up for the Premier League inauguration season, were promptly relegated and missed out, so stuff them, they can wallow a while longer

Chesterfield - Meh, not a fan

Sutton - A great non league cup team. Would be sad to lose that persona like Yeovil.

Torquay then, they have never posed any threat to Vale.

Archived