Player of the Season Award

Powerline

26 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not sure who I’d chose between Worrall/Conlon for first/second, but for his important goals I’d have Rodney in third place.

What defines the young player of the year? Would Rodney win that or at 22 is he technically too old? I would presume that one is also a two horse race between Rodney and Hurst.

Advert:

3 hours ago, MiketheValiant said:

Just for the sake of a debate... what about Monty's goal v Orient? Great surging run, cracking finish and on his wrong foot! I remember even Mrs Valiant issuing an exclamation when she saw it...and she doesn't even like football!

Some very good goals this season from a technical point of view

I'm a big fan of the set piece goal against Morecambe a few weeks ago, almost impossible to defend against that sort of quality.

2 hours ago, Santa said:

Some very good goals this season from a technical point of view

I'm a big fan of the set piece goal against Morecambe a few weeks ago, almost impossible to defend against that sort of quality.

Amoo off the corner routine, Tranmere ? That was a screamer , straight off the training ground. 

Also liked Rodneys goal to open the floodgates against Southend in the first minute. 

Advert:

8 hours ago, robf said:

What defines the young player of the year? Would Rodney win that or at 22 is he technically too old? I would presume that one is also a two horse race between Rodney and Hurst.

Rob, I don’t know where the cut off would be for Young Player, but I’d imagine that there would be some criteria around the age limit.

12 hours ago, robf said:

I believe Alnwick won young player of the year at age 22.

10 hours ago, Powerline said:

I believe Alnwick won young player of the year at age 22.

He was a goalkeeper so I wonder if that plays a part in eligibility as goalkeepers tend to only start to play in the first team at age 20 or so

On 05/05/2021 at 09:44, robf said:

Hurst, Rodney is too old. I mean he is only 40 years younger than me!

Advert:

Archived