Player of the Season Award

The club has started voting for the player of the season and goal of the season awards today.

I’m just curious as to who people are voting for.

For me goal of the season is clearly Conlon v Barrow.

And for player only two players are in contention really and for me it’s Worrall. Sure, Conlon’s has a great season. But he was great at the start and end, and awful for a time in the middle. Worrall has consistently played well for the whole season, highlighted by our upturn in form when he returned from injury and we actually started to create chances again.

• Like 2

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

The club has started voting for the player of the season and goal of the season awards today.

I’m just curious as to who people are voting for.

For me goal of the season is clearly Conlon v Barrow.

And for player only two players are in contention really and for me it’s Worrall. Sure, Conlon’s has a great season. But he was great at the start and end, and awful for a time in the middle. Worrall has consistently played well for the whole season, highlighted by our upturn in form when he returned from injury and we actually started to create chances again.

The middle period included Conlon having Covid 19

• Like 2

As per yourself.

Worrall purely as he is 7/10 every game . Conlon lost his way a bit, some not his fault when he was asked to play deeper, but overall has to be Worrall for me. 

Goal of the season no question Conlon hands down.

• Like 2

Wozza wasn't great at the start of the season though was he if I remember right. But he's by far the best player we have and has been since he signed. Having said that I've voted for conlon because for me he's been a really important player for us this year

• Like 1

Just now, dishydave said:

Wozza wasn't great at the start of the season though was he if I remember right. But he's by far the best player we have and has been since he signed. Having said that I've voted for conlon because for me he's been a really important player for us this year

I always thought at the start people were being weirdly over critical of Worrall, he was still playing well and getting assists. Fair vote for Conlon though, as I said only two players are in with a shout and either of them I’d be ok with winning.

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

Boring, but Conlon Conlon.

POTY is more mixed if you look at the whole season, but Conlon becoming captain and moving up a gear under Dazzler has got my vote.

• Like 1

Advert:

I can understand why other would go Conlon but Wozza gets my vote.

When I think back over the season I think he was the catalyst for our better form with his direct running and energy. Although Conlon has been fantastic over the past 2 months, really growing into the captain's role, I think Wozza has been the most consistent and influential over the season as a whole. 

Goal of the season not even worth a debate.

• Like 2