Match Thread : Port Vale v Mansfield Town

During our winning run Worrall was playing as RWB and Monty as LWB. Neither of those are naturally defensive players. But I get your point

Probably not helped by having no recognised full backs or wing backs do you reckon?

Strong finish to the half this. The positive under Clarke is the team doesn't seem to give up easily when behind. Still a poor first half though, made it easy for Mansfield.

McKirdy’s little chip cross was a great bit of quality, Hurst has just hit a gem, but watching this, all these fringe players are nowhere near good enough. They can all go. 

How many pies has Pope been eating lately? Olagunju has been a liability. 

Clearly the idea was to give these guys one last chance, but we don’t learn much because there’s no chance of this line up being a starting 11 ever again. 

• Like 2

Just a terribly poor display and a reminder to DC how many of these players need shipping out. After all his great years of service, it's clear Pope's no longer up to it and McKirdy, Olangunju and have been dire. Only Conlon has played well and perhaps Hurst who was unlucky to hit the bar.

The one lesson from this: if you take Legge out of the centre of our defence, we go to pieces at the back - and it affects the whole team. We tried once this season and the result was the same. Should be nailed on for a contract.

Need a few changes second half!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Think this sums it all up.  Rodney's strike cleared off the line.  Our defence minds gone to the players award bar already by the looks of it.  Certainly not concentrating on defending and picking up players. 

Can’t think of a single positive from this half, other than the fact that most of this shower won’t be here next year. 

I like Hurst but there is just something missing. Hitting the bar there basically sums up his season, a few nice things but nothing at the end of it.

Jack Grealish MK II has seriously done my head in this half although play him in his best position DC.... I mean wing back??? WTF??? 

I was angry after Grimsby and this game is a continuation of that, which might actually be a blessing in disguise for next year.

• Like 3