Match Thread : Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Sounds like DC will be swinging Doha's axe on Monday.  There could also be some surprises on players released as well.

The only surprise to me will be if any are retained 👌

DC didn't pull his punches in that interview.  Sounded well pissed off with the players as well.

Fitness test on monday for those staying.  Sounds like Micky Adams sort of stuff. 

The building work of a great team starts monday.

10 minutes ago, Wrex said:

He wouldn't do that. Why would he? Put a loss on his record just to prove a point to layers he already decided to release?

Agree but can’t understand why he didn’t go with his strongest side he knows who he is going to get rid 

18 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think it was more DC putting players in to show why they wont be getting deals

Not sure that makes any sense? Surely he’s given this lot one last chance and they’ve just proven they aren’t up to it 

Brilliant. 

He's praised them in the press whilst he's needed them since he came in.

The day the season finishes; an absolutely merciless public dressing down. 

The man has a clear ambition and to hear he cannot wait to get rid of them is music to my ears. 

Mad Dazzler's Cheeky Whites.

6 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

DC didn't pull his punches in that interview.  Sounded well pissed off with the players as well.

Fitness test on monday for those staying.  Sounds like Micky Adams sort of stuff. 

The building work of a great team starts monday.

I thought he said ‘fat’ test.🤔

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

It was telling that he mentioned lifestyle. I think Popes a gonner.

Was a bit awkward when he was then specifically asked about Pope as he obviously didn't want to tell the media who was staying and going before the players, as it should be. But reading between the lines then it would be a shock if Pope was staying.

2 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

Notwithstanding we were crap today. When did we last give Mansfield a good pasting? 

We scored four past them 2002 ish back when they had players like Liam Lawrence, Iesyden Christie and er, Wayne Corden.

Archived