Match Thread : Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Posted (edited)

At least Salford are not in the play offs.

Monday or Tuesday could be interesting reading on the players released after this game if any of the players were wobbling to the be offered a contract.  Now it would be a no thank you - thanks for your time now find a new club after todays performance from a lot of the players.

Edited by PVFC764

Advert:

Good news - Rob can copy and paste “is this a joke?” from the DC story to the match report. Saved a bit of time.

21 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I hope that's not a euphemism Doha emoji28.png

Did I mention his face would be camouflage painted with Robinsons blood as he runs about with that lumberjack axe screaming about zonal marking 

Out out out out out 

• Like 1

Well I found it so difficult to watch I switched at half time. The result and the performance just sums up the season perfectly. Just completely not good enough after a good run it’s  quite clear that we have far to many players who are not up to the job. I really do hope that we can bring in the personal who want to play for us and are at a decent standard. So a very disappointing end to a very disappointing season. Many of the home performances with a crowd in would have resulted in a riot! Truly a season to forget in every way. 

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Did I mention his face would be camouflage painted with Robinsons blood as he runs about with that lumberjack axe screaming about zonal marking 

Out out out out out 

Advert:

Watching the last few games the number 1 priority has to be an Oyeleke replacement. At the moment the midfield is Tom Conlon. After that it's someone to replace Joyce. 

Certainly nobody put their hand up today to stay. Don't agree that Brown should be replaced because we will need to in the future. Football is here and now to a degree and Clark just needs to decide if he has one more season in him at his current level. Probably the only player who has benefited from today in Montano,  the team definitely looks better when he is on the left.

The biggest disappointments for me this season are Burgess and Taylor. Both looked good young players last season. Second season syndrome isn't unusual for young players but both need to do much better next year.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JRC said:

Don't agree that Brown should be replaced because we will need to in the future. Football is here and now to degree and Clark just needs to decide if he has one more season in him at his current level.

I think Brown needs to be replaced now. I genuinely think he's, currently, an average keeper for this league and we could do better.

I'll put it this way; if we released him, will any sides with serious top 3 ambitions be signing him? 

There's an argument to keep him, but he's declined over the last two seasons and its a risk to assume said decline will not continue, or even accelerate as he approaches his late 30s. He's lost spring and agility, exacerbating his lack of confidence in coming to claim crosses.

His close quarter reaction saves are still excellent but I'm unsure whether that's a good enough reason to extend.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 5

Advert:

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

The EFL given them dispensation so if results go for them then they will know exactly what they need to do 🤣🤣

Joking aside i thought ALL games in each division(final games) had got to ko at the same time? so how did this happen,crock of poo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Pope looks so disinterested to the point where I'm wondering if he's been told he won't be getting a new contract already

He wont be getting a deal and neither will Joyce so that will make your evening better 😉 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think it was more DC putting players in to show why they wont be getting deals

He wouldn't do that. Why would he? Put a loss on his record just to prove a point to layers he already decided to release?

Advert:

DC interview says it how it is,cant wait to tell one or two they are done and clear the deadwood,genuine ones will shed a tear and that wont be nice. Excited by the rebuild

Made a lot about certain players lifestyles mmmm i wonder who he means 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Joking aside i thought ALL games in each division(final games) had got to ko at the same time? so how did this happen,crock of poo

I think this rule has been in for years where they all play at the same time. 

Recall in the 80's Coventry beating Everton 4-1 who had already been crowned Champions. 

It's all about integrity , also was it that infamous Germany Austria game in the World cup that was basically a fix. 

Obvious extenuating circumstances today but had results gone their way this late kick off would of stank to high heaven