Match Thread : Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Advert:

First ten or so games - very good

Last ten or so games - very good.

The bit in the middle - woeful

The good thing about today is that is doesn't sugar coat what has been by and large a poor season. I very much doubt that DC would have been swayed to keep anybody on the strength of a decent performance today, but this should focus minds on the job for next season.

• Like 3

Advert:

8 minutes ago, mikey said:

I dont care if hes giving players a run out, we should have been trying to win this one and carry momentum into the new season. Instead its 2 defeats on the trot and possibly zero goals scored.

Like Darrell said this week, there's not much point in trying to build momentum if half the squad is going out the door.

• Like 1

A good win/performance today would have helped sell a few more season tickets. Oh well.

We may well sell more when we see the retained list.Clarke’s mind is probably made up already.After this 5hit show I guarantee it has.

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Santa said:

First ten or so games - very good

Last ten or so games - very good.

The bit in the middle - woeful

The good thing about today is that is doesn't sugar coat what has been by and large a poor season. I very much doubt that DC would have been swayed to keep anybody on the strength of a decent performance today, but this should focus minds on the job for next season.

Personally I’d argue that we weren’t really much cop early on. The signs were certainly there early on with the defensive frailties. 

Advert:

31 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I Hope this is the end of a good few vale careers. Only person I'll be sad to see go is Pope.

Pope was NOT given ANY good service, Why were Worrall & Amoo Not on alongside him ?

Edited by Pheonix Vale
addition
  • Thanks 1

These last two games have been like being back when Clarke first came. Huff and puff but now know we’ll not score if we play all night, and looking like they’ll concede every time the opposition come forward. He’s got a very difficult job during the summer especially given some of the rubbish that is still under contract.

Edited by Biddulph_PV