onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Advert

Brilliant. 

He's praised them in the press whilst he's needed them since he came in.

The day the season finishes; an absolutely merciless public dressing down. 

The man has a clear ambition and to hear he cannot wait to get rid of them is music to my ears. 

Mad Dazzler's Cheeky Whites.

6 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

DC didn't pull his punches in that interview.  Sounded well pissed off with the players as well.

Fitness test on monday for those staying.  Sounds like Micky Adams sort of stuff. 

The building work of a great team starts monday.

I thought he said ‘fat’ test.🤔

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

It was telling that he mentioned lifestyle. I think Popes a gonner.

Was a bit awkward when he was then specifically asked about Pope as he obviously didn't want to tell the media who was staying and going before the players, as it should be. But reading between the lines then it would be a shock if Pope was staying.

2 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

Notwithstanding we were crap today. When did we last give Mansfield a good pasting? 

We scored four past them 2002 ish back when they had players like Liam Lawrence, Iesyden Christie and er, Wayne Corden.

42 minutes ago, JRC said:

Watching the last few games the number 1 priority has to be an Oyeleke replacement. At the moment the midfield is Tom Conlon. After that it's someone to replace Joyce. 

Certainly nobody put their hand up today to stay. Don't agree that Brown should be replaced because we will need to in the future. Football is here and now to a degree and Clark just needs to decide if he has one more season in him at his current level. Probably the only player who has benefited from today in Montano,  the team definitely looks better when he is on the left.

The biggest disappointments for me this season are Burgess and Taylor. Both looked good young players last season. Second season syndrome isn't unusual for young players but both need to do much better next year.

I had exactly the same thought about Monty - skilful, hard-working, never say die, a natural left-footer with a good pass and shot on him. He's also very versatile and prepared to fit in with what the manager wants. Definitely a DC type player but his injuries, sadly, may count against him. After today, I hope DC has second thoughts. 

Awful awful performance today. Far too many players walking and jogging around. Hopefully the axe falls on ALL of the players under contract, although I would still keep Monty and Brown on reduced terms as backups if they accepted. A few players under contract I expect to be told they will not be part of the squad next season so they can spend 12 months watching in the stands or find another club to take on the contract. 

At least we made two fantastic signings this years in Flickers and DC which should put us in a strong position to get out of this poor league. I'm really looking forward to August and watching a side with 5 or 6 new starters.

Thank god this seasons over and let the good times roll!!

Archived