onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Just a terribly poor display and a reminder to DC how many of these players need shipping out. After all his great years of service, it's clear Pope's no longer up to it and McKirdy, Olangunju and have been dire. Only Conlon has played well and perhaps Hurst who was unlucky to hit the bar.

The one lesson from this: if you take Legge out of the centre of our defence, we go to pieces at the back - and it affects the whole team. We tried once this season and the result was the same. Should be nailed on for a contract.

Need a few changes second half!

Advert

8 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Think this sums it all up.  Rodney's strike cleared off the line.  Our defence minds gone to the players award bar already by the looks of it.  Certainly not concentrating on defending and picking up players. 

Can’t think of a single positive from this half, other than the fact that most of this shower won’t be here next year. 

I like Hurst but there is just something missing. Hitting the bar there basically sums up his season, a few nice things but nothing at the end of it.

Jack Grealish MK II has seriously done my head in this half although play him in his best position DC.... I mean wing back??? WTF??? 

I was angry after Grimsby and this game is a continuation of that, which might actually be a blessing in disguise for next year.

2 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

The one lesson from this: if you take Legge out of the centre of our defence, we go to pieces at the back - and it affects the whole team. We tried once this season and the result was the same. Should be nailed on for a contract.

I think who is playing wing back roles has an even bigger effect.

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Can’t think of a single positive from this half, other than the fact that most of this shower won’t be here next year. 

I like Hurst but there is just something missing. Hitting the bar there basically sums up his season, a few nice things but nothing at the end of it.

Jack Grealish MK II has seriously done my head in this half although play him in his best position DC.... I mean wing back??? WTF??? 

I was angry after Grimsby and this game is a continuation of that, which might actually be a blessing in disguise for next year.

Agree on the wingback thing.  It's difficult to judge players in a team where so many are short of match practice/fitness and being played out of position.  Not a great performance so far but must confess I was a bit confused by the starting line up, and not expecting much.

Too many changes in the starting 11 coupled with a player in the crucial position of center of defense having a nightmare and the whole team gets thrown off balance and out of kilter.

Hurst and McKirdy are playing out  of position, neither are wing backs.

Get one and we can get another.

2 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

I think who is playing wing back roles has an even bigger effect.

I think it's probably a combination of both.  I think that Brisley and Smith look so much better with Legge in the team, it's ridiculous.  Replacing him with a rookie has a big influence.  With the 2 "wingbacks" not really being wingbacks they are going to get pulled out of position more to support.

Archived