onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread : Port Vale v Mansfield Town

Fosse69

Top half finish no longer in our hands, but a win would give us a good chance with Orient at Salford and Crawley hosting Bolton. We need to finish off the season with a flourish and seek revenge over Mansfield for our 4-0 hammering at Field Mill.  Young Cloughie no doubt confident after their 4-1 win on Saturday and keeping goal scorer Young Sinclair in his team, wonder if Dad will be watching?  Would love a 4-0 to finish the season off.

Advert

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I would give the young keeper a go in this game and see what he is about in game time

He was signed as cover, Brown is steady and fit, Mansfield scored 4 last Sat so can`t see DC taking a risk, he likes to win.

We need to spank these to show them the real Vale, after their shower put our shower- to the sword.

we can’t do that playing any old randoms.

play a full strength team, finish top half, finish the season with memories of a great run restored, not with back to back losses against also-ran garbage people.

Would love it if we finished a season with a resounding win .

Play the strongest team and rip into them remember that out of all the season against these was by a long way our worst display of the season ,it was dreadful at a time where most performances were not a level required or needed .

So I want a terrific performance with Vale winning by a four goal margin at the very least .

Team well I'd go with this side Brown 

Smith Legge Brisley 

Amoo Burgess Joyce Conlon Worrall 

Pope Swann 

I reckon either Pope Swann or Pope  Rodney .

I'd be tempted give Mckirdy half hour second half and I'd like a look at Pope playing alongside Robinson. 

Think you could also have a look at other players but if they are just in the 18 and never being played then they cannot be up to standard to get on the pitch .

No one wants to end the season with a defeat I remember years ago ending the season with a 5-0 defeat v Cambridge away and at home v Walsall 5-0 and that was the game where I decided no more season ticket for me and I have never had one since as I was totally disgusted in Vale lie down and having there belly tickled mentality at the time. 

Let's hope DC has given them the right mentality to finish our home campaign with a spring in each of every one of ours steps 

UTV 

I'd like to see Eden Bailey given the last 30 minutes in this game.

He played himself onto the bench under Askey then disappeared once Clarke came in.

Maybe Clarke doesn't see what Askey saw, but we'll never know how he will fare unless he has a chance. And this game has nothing riding on it so the perfect time to do so.

21 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I'd like to see Eden Bailey given the last 30 minutes in this game.

He played himself onto the bench under Askey then disappeared once Clarke came in.

Maybe Clarke doesn't see what Askey saw, but we'll never know how he will fare unless he has a chance. And this game has nothing riding on it so the perfect time to do so.

I think the problem is that over the last couple of years the youth team has performed so badly i am not sure the current management team rate any of them

I think the problem is that over the last couple of years the youth team has performed so badly i am not sure the current management team rate any of them
It is difficult to judge YT players when you view them in such isolation though (solely in the context of how the youth team perform). Look at how crap Stoke u23s looked against us, yet that team had Tyrese Campbell and others who are now earning good reviews playing in the Championship with older players.

11 minutes ago, philmpv said:
26 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

It is difficult to judge YT players when you view them in such isolation though (solely in the context of how the youth team perform). Look at how crap Stoke u23s looked against us, yet that team had Tyrese Campbell and others who are now earning good reviews playing in the Championship with older players.

Spot on. There might be a couple of gems in the youth team, but having to play with 9 other players dragging them down.

Does anyone watch the youth team regularly - do any of them stand out? 

Archived