• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Bore**at

llcoolj

Borat is demonstrating a point.

He might go about demonstrating it in a very árse about tít confrontational fashion, and I may not agree with everything he says, but you're not reading his posts properly.

You're projecting characteristics on to him that affect the way you perceive what he says. Just read the words and imagine a reasonable person saying them.

Advert:

I think he's right about the level of abuse people can get for having different views, and we need to cut some of it out, but then you can fall equally foul of allowing people who have no intention of arguing logically the privilege of responding to them logically......which is as much of a waste of energy and time......

Playing devils advocate, I've posted on most threads too. I agree with some of the things he says, I disagree with others. But in some respects he's right, the marginal voters need to be convinced to vote against the board. I'm guilty of attacking people with different view points in the past, emotion gets the better of me sometimes, a lot of the time actually, and i'm an argumentative bugger, but we aren't going to persuade people by jumping on then.

Im not jumping on anyone and you've been posting for a few years not 5 days!

Borat is demonstrating a point.

He might go about demonstrating it in a very árse about tít confrontational fashion, and I may not agree with everything he says, but you're not reading his posts properly.

You're projecting characteristics on to him that affect the way you perceive what he says. Just read the words and imagine a reasonable person saying them.

With all due respect I am quite capable of reading the posts correctly, I find his posts to be a little mischevious and considering the volume of posts in 5 days I questioned whether he has an agenda, thats all.

With all due respect I am quite capable of reading the posts correctly, I find his posts to be a little mischevious and considering the volume of posts in 5 days I questioned whether he has an agenda, thats all.

Why don't you do a novel thing and ask him instead of following the flock and putting the boot on his neck?

Advert:

His agenda,if it's called that,is to upset the status quo and he seems to have done just that

Advert:

Playing devils advocate, I've posted on most threads too. I agree with some of the things he says, I disagree with others. But in some respects he's right, the marginal voters need to be convinced to vote against the board. I'm guilty of attacking people with different view points in the past, emotion gets the better of me sometimes, a lot of the time actually, and i'm an argumentative bugger, but we aren't going to persuade people by jumping on then.

Correct but you didn't have that point of view the other day.

Correct but you didn't have that point of view the other day.

I debated with on the "expressing an opinion" thread. I don't think I ever "abused" you. You simply failed to but any sort of argument forward. You can only debate if both sides are willing.

Advert:

I debated with on the "expressing an opinion" thread. I don't think I ever "abused" you. You simply failed to but any sort of argument forward. You can only debate if both sides are willing.

Failed I think you just expressed the same view I was trying to make.

You did not give any abuse to me at all sorry if I gave that impression.

Failed I think you just expressed the same view I was trying to make.

You did not give any abuse to me at all sorry if I gave that impression.

I don't know where you're coming from now. On the other thread, you disagreed with the interim board, but failed to put forward a viable alternative, despite numerous requests for the same. You simply stated it wasn't your problem. My point above was that to pursuade marginal voters, reasonable debate is necessary, but your past record does not lend itself to that.

Archived