onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bore**at

llcoolj

Advert

Correct but you didn't have that point of view the other day.

I debated with on the "expressing an opinion" thread. I don't think I ever "abused" you. You simply failed to but any sort of argument forward. You can only debate if both sides are willing.

I debated with on the "expressing an opinion" thread. I don't think I ever "abused" you. You simply failed to but any sort of argument forward. You can only debate if both sides are willing.

Failed I think you just expressed the same view I was trying to make.

You did not give any abuse to me at all sorry if I gave that impression.

Failed I think you just expressed the same view I was trying to make.

You did not give any abuse to me at all sorry if I gave that impression.

I don't know where you're coming from now. On the other thread, you disagreed with the interim board, but failed to put forward a viable alternative, despite numerous requests for the same. You simply stated it wasn't your problem. My point above was that to pursuade marginal voters, reasonable debate is necessary, but your past record does not lend itself to that.

You did however title the thread in an abusive way though. Why?

If I'd been abusive you would have known about it. I asked why the sudden rush of posts, winding folk up, are you a pro boarder here to bait the natives.

You say you aren't so I'll take your word for it, just asking

If I'd been abusive you would have known about it. I asked why the sudden rush of posts, winding folk up, are you a pro boarder here to bait the natives.

You say you aren't so I'll take your word for it, just asking

Your post suggest you do care,it's silly to suggest that because he does not follow the pack view that he on the wind up,he is just giving an alturnative slant which can be constructive.

I don't know where you're coming from now. On the other thread, you disagreed with the interim board, but failed to put forward a viable alternative, despite numerous requests for the same. You simply stated it wasn't your problem. My point above was that to pursuade marginal voters, reasonable debate is necessary, but your past record does not lend itself to that.

think you argue for the sake of it, the time to sort it was last year and the chance was blown big style by complacency ,at the time I suggested that the campaign was to anti board and not enough pro Mo both form The anti board side and MC side.

I'm not going to listen with to much hope to people who failed the first time.We seem to be in a mess and the protests and the board are both to blame for it in my opinion,I would not want any fan involvement in running this club again history suggests its not a good idea.

think you argue for the sake of it, the time to sort it was last year and the chance was blown big style by complacency ,at the time I suggested that the campaign was to anti board and not enough pro Mo both form The anti board side and MC side.

I'm not going to listen with to much hope to people who failed the first time.We seem to be in a mess and the protests and the board are both to blame for it in my opinion,I would not want any fan involvement in running this club again history suggests its not a good idea.

The time to sort it is now! Admin is surely close, and with the way the team are playing at the moment, the last thing they deserve is a points deduction. Furthermore, due to signing Shuker and Marshall when there is outstanding debt to HMRC, could be classed as "financial irregularities" that have benefitted the playing side. A points deduction of more than 10, could put us at risk of relegation. That we do NOT want.

I agree a fan run club is not the way forward, but an interim board is necessary to facilitate change in my opinion. It's certainly a better option than an administrator coming and in and electing new owners of their choosing.

So the board and the protests are both to blame for the mess we're in?

Always makes me laugh, that. I mean, why did fans start protesting in the first place? Did they all spontaneously rise up and think: 'Things are a bit slack round here at the moment, let's have a protest.' Did they just have nothing better to do at the time? Did they all say to themselves 'I know I've been going for 40 years+, but next year, tell you what, I'm not going to bother'?

No, of course not. People started protesting because they could quite clearly see that the club was being mismanaged at every level. People started protesting because they could see that the club's custodians have set PVFC on a relentlessly downwards trajectory, with debts ratcheting upwards off the pitch, and fortunes in terminal decline on the pitch.

Blaming fans for years of total mismanagement and the directors' business failings is diversionary nonsense.

I agree about admin but I don't see how people who we hounded out of the club last year are suddenly our saviours.

Sorry have to go now.

I suspect you're on about Thompstone and Humphries. These two were not hounded out, Thompstone was voted off at the AGM by a hand vote, and despite winning a poll vote, abided by the shareholders wishes. Humphries resigned due to disagreeing with how the other board members were acting.

Whilst not ideal, these two have agreed to help the SC in removing the current board. Surely that's what we all want ultimately. An enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that. If the the ultimate goal is reached, there is no problem for me. They are not taking up permanent positions on the board, but in view of the restrictive articles, which are a mill stone around the clubs neck, they are necessary to make up a 4 man/woman interim board. We could of course, say no, we don't want their help and let the current incumbents lead us into administrations. I know which option I prefer.

Archived