onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Playoffs

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

I'm just jealous and bitter as anything that either Morecambe or Newport will be in L1 next season - a league above us.

Both clubs are overachieving non-league clubs, sheds of a ground and about 2,000 fans each.

I hate it. It's horrible. Years and year of mismanagement and neglect has meant these types of clubs have progressed enough to leapfrog us.

Very happy we have C&K now and we're on the right track, but falling so far behind clubs like these really kills me.

It's not just us though. Look at the National League and it looks like the old division 4 there are so many ex-league teams in it, teams with proper history, proper fans and proper stadiums. And just the reverse in L2 with so many former non-league sides with nothing to recommend them apart from their rich owners. We just have to get out of L2 to where we properly belong - but we have to earn it.

Hopefully with Carol and Co, it will be the start of a long upward journey and the good times will be back 🙂👍.

Advert

5 hours ago, For Us All said:

Well we've ended up with a Morecambe v Newport final and congratulations to both teams on reaching Wembley.

Derek Adams has done a magnificent job at Morecambe,who were one of the favourites to go down and I can't wait to see Kevin Ellison up against his old club again. 

I watched the Morecambe Tranmere game and for the life of me I can't work out what Morecambe do and how they get the success they get, it seems they go for a spoiling game and very defensive approach, Adams was vaunted as a manager for us and I wonder what Vale fans would think of his approach, they wouldn't moan about the play off final obviously but the style of play would raise a few eye brows I'm sure.

On 28/04/2021 at 18:08, 1 said:

Who ya got?

A) getting in

B) winning it based on which order they finish?

Tranmere

Morecombe

FGR

Newport

leading to Tranmere FGR final. Tranmere winning it. I think they’ve been the best team of those 4 and it would be better for us, as that’s a harder fixture than any of the others next season.

told you

14 hours ago, eh up nah said:

Cracking game last night.  That is what the playoffs are all about.

To be fair, all the playoff games have been decent.  The second legs were all brilliant.

It's horrible losing in them but it's a great format.

great format, but not great for Matt.

Who ya got?
A) getting in
B) winning it based on which order they finish?
Tranmere
Morecombe
FGR
Newport
leading to Tranmere FGR final. Tranmere winning it. I think they’ve been the best team of those 4 and it would be better for us, as that’s a harder fixture than any of the others next season.
That worked out well

Come on Morecambe (as I want to finally see us away at Newport - and go to the Tiny Rebel brewery).

Maybe it's easier in some ways for smaller teams with smaller stadiums at this level. Teams like Vale, Stockport, Wrexham etc must be hemorrhaging cash just on maintaining their stadiums. If you have a more streamlined setup, the lower running costs offset the impact of having fewer fans.

If there was no benefit in having a smaller stadium, teams with newly built grounds like Morecambe, Salford etc would slap another 10,000 seats in there while they were at it in case they hit the big time one day.

3 hours ago, DaneValiant said:

Come on Morecambe (as I want to finally see us away at Newport - and go to the Tiny Rebel brewery).

Maybe it's easier in some ways for smaller teams with smaller stadiums at this level. Teams like Vale, Stockport, Wrexham etc must be hemorrhaging cash just on maintaining their stadiums. If you have a more streamlined setup, the lower running costs offset the impact of having fewer fans.

If there was no benefit in having a smaller stadium, teams with newly built grounds like Morecambe, Salford etc would slap another 10,000 seats in there while they were at it in case they hit the big time one day.

True but on a match by match basis policing costs are always one of the biggest factors. Stadium capacity often gets considered on the basis of planning permission, transport links and ability for the area to manage large numbers of people, especially post Taylor report. 

It isn’t a case you can just build a massive ground. Brentford kept theirs at a relatively small 17k because of the surrounding area being quite compact and not wanting vast swathes of empty seats for atmosphere. 

40 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

True but on a match by match basis policing costs are always one of the biggest factors. Stadium capacity often gets considered on the basis of planning permission, transport links and ability for the area to manage large numbers of people, especially post Taylor report. 

It isn’t a case you can just build a massive ground. Brentford kept theirs at a relatively small 17k because of the surrounding area being quite compact and not wanting vast swathes of empty seats for atmosphere. 

Know your likely attendance pattern and if aiming to be a leading Championship club with visits to the Prem, keeping spare seats limited sells Season Tickets and a steady income.  

Archived