Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, grand prix pants said:

Did you think we’d just keep on winning?

I thought we might have got something against the bottom of the league - who after 45 games are there because they’re the worst team in the League -then YES.

1 minute ago, grand prix pants said:

I didn't think they'd put in a bottlejob like that against the worst side in the FL with Clarke in charge. Poor and direct evidence of why the recent unbeaten run is no reason for complacency/sentimentality. There are certain names who have to go. 

Not really bothered, and neither were the players. Ref poor. Joyce should be released. Whitehead is captain of my Worst Vale 11. 

Release everyone we can (include Brown, Joyce, Monty, and Brisley in that), fire up the Matrix, tell Robinson and Whitehead to find another employer, and forget this season.

Put our faith in this new recruitment structure and new management team who have worked wonders. These lads have had long enough and enough chances. Time to move on.

4 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

Today yes. And if we’d turned up we could have.

A poor defeat, but it perhaps reminds us that some of this team shouldn't be around the club next season.  I was getting worried that our recent hot streak was airbrushing people's views in to retaining some ordinary players.  If they were that good, the middle third of the season wouldn't have happened, and we would be bound for League 1.  It did, and we're not - there is a good reason for that.

Just now, Lornelounger said:

A poor defeat, but it perhaps reminds us that some of this team shouldn't be around the club next season.  I was getting worried that our recent hot streak was airbrushing people's views in to retaining some ordinary players.  If they were that good, the middle third of the season wouldn't't have happened, and we would be bound for League 1.  It did, and we're not - there is a good reason for that.

I have thought that if we'd had that good run mid-season and then finished with 3 wins in 23, then there would be no debate. Get them all gone.

Recency bias comes in and suddenly some players, who had previously let us and Carol down big time, are getting consideration.

Ship them off and go again.

DC has said over and over again he wants hunger as a no1 priority. At the moment we have too many mercenaries who don’t care.

Archived