Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That referee was shocking I'm sure Vale should have had at least one penalty . Worrall through on goal ,Robinson lobbing over ,conlons shot well saved ,Rodney hitting post or goalie deflecting it

Sorry to say but Joyce has been dreadful this season. I don't buy the narrative that "no one notices the unsung work he does". His legs have gone, and he passes to the opposition more times than his

Monty had a good game. The second booking was a joke. He just went up for a 50/50 ball in the air. Not like he stuck an elbow in his face. Unlike their bloke did on Leon. I hope this will not influenc

Posted Images

Just now, Doha said:

No mercy. Robinson and Whitehead transfer listed or released. 

I think Robinson is liked by Clarke. I don’t see him leaving.

Just now, dazzerjames said:

Can’t believe the negativity after the run we have been on .. we have to have a bad 45 minutes at some point !?

If we were playing with determination it would be acceptable - but some of them don't look arsed. That is unacceptable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1 said:

Poor decision IMO if so. We can and should do significantly better than Robinson. 

19 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

What a mess - we have gone asleep. Whitehead misses a clear shot on goal and then Joyce hands them a goal. Wake up Vale!

Felt a bit sorry for Whitehead on that one, ground clearly just crumbled beneath his foot as he went to shoot. Pitch looks in need of a good watering and the heavy roller, been some horrible bobbles for Worrall as he's gone to cross too, which might explain some of the reluctance to shoot first time. 

Awful error from Joyce, thought he'd been decent apart from that though, only rally him and Conlon prepared to put their foot on the ball and try to play. Monty's looked decent too, some good runs and that cracking effort on the turn. Other than that, all a bit meh, very end-of-season, needs some subs.

Oh, and apologies for watching, had deliberately stopped during the good run having been such a curse during the early part of DC's reign, only started again once play-offs were mathematically impossible!

Advert:

Pitch just bobbly enough, hence Joyce's scuffed back pass and Robinson's "offside shot" 

Still can't work out what Whitehead offers at this level.

7 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Can’t believe the negativity after the run we have been on .. we have to have a bad 45 minutes at some point !?

Sorry,,the season is 46 games.The run was good but they had to perform for THEIR benefit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1 said:

I don’t think he is liked particularly but he has a solid 1 year deal on big money. I think Clarke has to be clever and make the most of what we have.

Previous like Aspin and Askey wasted more money by stupidly freezing out players who were senior pros on big money for the club, either wasting money on mediocre replacements or letting the players stay on big money. 

Robinson may not be ideal but he is staying, has a contract and is better involved as a 2nd striker next year than a frozen out liability getting money for nothing. 

Advert:

I think Legge enjoyed going through the back of Green for his booking... green has been leading with his arms all day so Legge gave him a little retaliation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t have a goal in us today. Brilliant run maybe, but these are the types of performances and results that really rankle with me, we ALWAYS seem to be a soft touch for really poor sides.

Posted (edited)

Come on Vale.  Think it's time for a couple of subs now.  Get Whitehead and Robinson off.  

The current side don't seem to have a goal in them today.  Just worry every time Grimsby attack they will score.

Theo trying to do a Conlon and chip the goalie - miles away.

Come on Vale with the subs on now.  

Edited by PVFC764

If we were playing with determination it would be acceptable - but some of them don't look arsed. That is unacceptable. 

And they will be on their way out !

Advert:

30 minutes ago, Doha said:

Poor decision IMO if so. We can and should do significantly better than Robinson. 

I and most others (surely) agree