Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Chance to change things around a bit now. Fringe players to get a game?

According to the Sentinel: "The manager said all his players had been given a fair chance". So perhaps he will just be looking to field the strongest possible side.

8 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Hopefully will carry on through next season as well. I think the record is 18 from the start of a season Gordon Lee.

Light work

Let’s not change the team around. Wins are wins and an unbeaten streak is fantastic to maintain. 

If Crookes and Pope don’t start today they’re not in DCs plans I don’t think.

I do think it's a bit of a shame not to try out a few of the guys who haven't been given a chance in the first team since DC took over but trust he will make the right calls when it comes to the retained list 

I remember Liam Burns playing almost an entire game in goal against Wigan, who were a strong team at the time, and keeping a clean sheet! Can't remember what season it was...

I remember the (occasional) excitement in the good old days (when we were only allowed 2 subs) when a keeper got injured or red carded, and had to be replaced with an outfield player.

I remember Liam Burns playing almost an entire game in goal against Wigan, who were a strong team at the time, and keeping a clean sheet! Can't remember what season it was...

2000/01 pretty sure Goodlad was injured in the game and Delaney may have been on international duty.

Think Burns has played a bit of Gaelic football or something so had some experience of a football using your hands which helped.

Archived