onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

16 hours ago, barny61 said:

Sorry to disagree Joe but that's not correct, we were sitting one place above the relegation zone and "this lot" put a good run together to keep us up and out of the National league. Well that's how I see it. That's just my take on it.

'This lot' put us one place above relegation by being absolutely uselessly abysmal for half of the season. 

It was their fault. I'm not going to forget that because, once the season was basically meaningless, they put a run together to look good just because contracts became an issue.

This isn't an isolated incident, either; we've been at threat of relegation for 4 of the last 5 seasons.  

Advert

If we want promotion we have to take away all the sentiment

Pope isn’t going to score the goals to get us promoted, I’m sorry he’s a total and utter legend but he isn’t so I think his race is run and he will leave

Like Joe says this team has been struggling 4 out of the five last seasons

Remember Scott browns comments on recruitment before the players were silenced -he wasn’t wrong was he

It’s like throwing out those expensive designer Jeans that no longer fit , you don’t want to do it but you have to to

Fair enough ! 🤪🤪

58 minutes ago, Joe B said:

'This lot' put us one place above relegation by being absolutely uselessly abysmal for half of the season. 

It was their fault. I'm not going to forget that because, once the season was basically meaningless, they put a run together to look good just because contracts became an issue.

This isn't an isolated incident, either; we've been at threat of relegation for 4 of the last 5 seasons.  

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Consistency has been lacking for whatever reason, maybe several reasons, under several managers.  We now have several more experienced managers within the club,  hopefully they  will bring us a consistent season for a change. What the player changes required to achieve this will be interesting, no doubt not to everybody`s taste. 

4 hours ago, vale victory said:

If we want promotion we have to take away all the sentiment

Pope isn’t going to score the goals to get us promoted, I’m sorry he’s a total and utter legend but he isn’t so I think his race is run and he will leave

Like Joe says this team has been struggling 4 out of the five last seasons

Remember Scott browns comments on recruitment before the players were silenced -he wasn’t wrong was he

It’s like throwing out those expensive designer Jeans that no longer fit , you don’t want to do it but you have to to

Gardiola has released Aguero so Clarke is well within his rights if he thinks Pope, Brown or other players are too old for his purposes next season. I'm sure they would do a job at mid/lower League Two level but we want more than that. So we'll see what happens

We dominated the game even though we played <ovf censored>, that’s a good thing. But for a crazy goal it’s an easy draw and an away result. With Conlon and Worrall we look like we have class. Some of the first touches and through balls are fantastic. We just need a supporting cast that can play.

What an odd statement. That 'run' was part of the whole season so to say on the one hand that how well we have done over the whole season is relevant but that 3 in 25 run is now irrelevant just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm just thick.
I suppose what I am saying is that in almost 30 years of going to the Vale the only good or bad run that I can really remember that is older than a couple of years is the great run that we had at the end the LDV Vans season. Other than that I remember it being a good, bad or indifferent season.

In 5 years time when I look back on this season all I will probably remember is that Covid meant we couldnt go, our owners work in the community made them local heroes, Askey got replaced with Clarke and we finished mid table.

The only run this season that we may discuss in the future is the 6 game winning streak the next time we win 5 in a row. In a years time no one will mention winning only 2 in 23.

Archived