onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, Santa said:

If we'd won there was still a chance we could have stayed up, but other results went against us.

Thanks, I had a feeling we were resigned to it on the day. Water under the bridge, good times round the corner. 

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

Pope and Swan to start for me I liked the look of them at Barrow and I'd even give Whitehead another start as I thought he looked alright Saturday. 3-1 for me I just think we will have to much for them

If Whitehead’s getting 2 starts in a row surely I’m due one against Mansfield.

Tough game this they getting it together and you only have to look at last years result here to know that 5-2 to them .

I mean that probably all depends on there result in the week v Exeter I believe .

If they win they will believe the great escape is on .

With it being a allegedly dead rubber to us that makes the game even harder as let's face Grimsby bring a few to Vale park so I for one would like see them survive .

I know our fans and theres had a royal battle the other year up there and let's face it football in general can do without ,that but makes for a fantastic atmosphere if theres a needle about it as we saw v Stoke in whatever competition it was called .

Team who knows but whatever I'm proud as punch at the way every player has highered there standards and shown what was required ,PRIDE IN THE SHIRT,under DC and AC and for that reason Grimsby couldn't be facing a more vibrant side ,bad news for them I'd say .

I think DC will not allow the players ease up and if anything if he pairs the right 2 up front there goalie going have play well because I'd expect see a full of confidence Vale turning up at there ground is it Blundell Park .

Enjoy the game 

Agreed Warren , ki I have a Grimsby mate. He takes me to the away fixture, fish and chips in Cleethorpes and I look after him at Valepark. Spoke to him yesterday and he was glum as expecting them to lose tonight away at Exeter. Always a tough gig.

This is a sad game as Vale will probably confirm Grimsby's relegation and they are not a club I want to be relegated.

Guest Vale at home

Yes .I agree . With. The Man in The Pub ... its  always sad when your Team . Is at. The  Bottom of the League.. as a Vale fan .I know how Grimsby fans must feeling .. Let’s hope it won’t be To Long before Grimsby are returning to the League again . 

37 minutes ago, ValeCW said:

I am not devastated about Grimsby or Southend. Somebody has to go down !. There are others I would have preferred it to be though. Salford for one. Maybe a Southern club.

This is just it, somebody has to go. I'm personally sad to lose recently both Chesterfield and Notts County, purely because it is a good day on the train and a few sherbets. 

Can't say i'm that bothered about the two who look likely to go down. I'd much prefer my fish and chips in Torquay than Cleethorpes. 

If you could handpick which clearly you can't it would definitely be Crawley and Stevenage out. 

19 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

This is just it, somebody has to go. I'm personally sad to lose recently both Chesterfield and Notts County, purely because it is a good day on the train and a few sherbets. 

Can't say i'm that bothered about the two who look likely to go down. I'd much prefer my fish and chips in Torquay than Cleethorpes. 

If you could handpick which clearly you can't it would definitely be Crawley and Stevenage out. 

Agree with most of that but can we keep Crawley? There are few clubs I can think of that we are the bogie team for but these are one and some points in the bank for us. Stevenage if we never played them again it would be too soon.

3 hours ago, ValeCW said:

I am not devastated about Grimsby or Southend. Somebody has to go down !. There are others I would have preferred it to be though. Salford for one. Maybe a Southern club.

Walsall

Archived