onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ifollow

philmpv

Advert

On 20/04/2021 at 09:19, valeparklife said:

Would we not lose revenue if this remained?

Fans that might prefer to watch at home for £10, compared to going to the ground for £20?

Maybe the iFollow prices should match the ticket prices, then clubs don't lose out? (okay maybe they might lose some pie/beer/programme money)

I see the argument for both sides.

I was asked to complete a survey by IFollow about 3 weeks ago and made the same point. I think IFollow has its place and should continue.There are many reasons why a fan can't get to the ground in person so its a great way for them to still be able to watch the team play however the pricing needs to change.It can't be cheaper for UK based fans to watch it on IFollow than attend the ground in person via season ticket or pay on the day.

I'd like it to continue for away games.

I'd suggest match passes at the same cost as a match ticket.

Admission revenue means so much to clubs at our level so I certainly wouldn't back giving it away.

There still has to be incentive to actually go to the games.  

As a Vale fan who lives and works in the South East I have written before in favour of iFollow being available so I hope it continues.

Obviously, if Covid restrictions are in place it makes total sense for it to continue but even if restrictions aren't so strict, I still think it makes sense for it to continue like it did (for all games outside of the Saturday 3pm broadcasting blackout period).

For me, it's impossible to get to midweek games (even in pre-Covid times) when I finish work at 5:30.  Vale then miss out on any match revenue from me. However, if I pay to watch it from home on IFollow then not only do I get to see my team but the club get some money from me.

It very much annoyed me when a few years back Lee Blakeman on Radio Stoke said anyone watching on iFollow wasn't a proper fan. That was easy for a locally-based journalist watching the game for free to say. I think it's the exact opposite in that fans who can't attend clearly go to a lot of effort (and expense) to see their side. It's not always that easy to attend in person. Not every Vale fan is within easy reach of the stadium (we don't all like in the Potteries) there's work and family commitments too. Surely it's in Vale's interests to get as many people as possible interested in the club - to do that, you need to make it available to everyone, no matter where they are. If it's not easy for them to get to the game (because of geography, their circumstances, Covid restrictions) it makes sense to offer them the next best option - a stream.

I think if it did continue then there's always going to be that argument of are fans going to bother to turn up but I think the effect on attendances is negligible. After all, I reckon we can all see that the best way to see Vale is live from the stands (after a season of seeing it on the screen, there's no comparison) so I can't see attendances suddenly dropping off due to iFollow, especially with the amount of season tickets we sell.

I would be happy for the price to match the price of admission. I think that's a good idea and would stop watching it on iFollow being the "cheap" option as well as bring in more revenue for the club.

For this coming season will you still be able to watch Ifollow through the PVFC web site or will you have to goto Ifollow web site, also do the Vale get the same percentage of the monies paid to Ifollow if using the Ifollow site.

On 21/04/2021 at 14:55, robf said:

As a Vale fan who lives and works in the South East I have written before in favour of iFollow being available so I hope it continues.

Obviously, if Covid restrictions are in place it makes total sense for it to continue but even if restrictions aren't so strict, I still think it makes sense for it to continue like it did (for all games outside of the Saturday 3pm broadcasting blackout period).

For me, it's impossible to get to midweek games (even in pre-Covid times) when I finish work at 5:30.  Vale then miss out on any match revenue from me. However, if I pay to watch it from home on IFollow then not only do I get to see my team but the club get some money from me.

It very much annoyed me when a few years back Lee Blakeman on Radio Stoke said anyone watching on iFollow wasn't a proper fan. That was easy for a locally-based journalist watching the game for free to say. I think it's the exact opposite in that fans who can't attend clearly go to a lot of effort (and expense) to see their side. It's not always that easy to attend in person. Not every Vale fan is within easy reach of the stadium (we don't all like in the Potteries) there's work and family commitments too. Surely it's in Vale's interests to get as many people as possible interested in the club - to do that, you need to make it available to everyone, no matter where they are. If it's not easy for them to get to the game (because of geography, their circumstances, Covid restrictions) it makes sense to offer them the next best option - a stream.

I think if it did continue then there's always going to be that argument of are fans going to bother to turn up but I think the effect on attendances is negligible. After all, I reckon we can all see that the best way to see Vale is live from the stands (after a season of seeing it on the screen, there's no comparison) so I can't see attendances suddenly dropping off due to iFollow, especially with the amount of season tickets we sell.

I would be happy for the price to match the price of admission. I think that's a good idea and would stop watching it on iFollow being the "cheap" option as well as bring in more revenue for the club.

iFollow has been a lifeline for my Grandad in his late 80s who has fervently supported the club since the 1940s. Would love to see it continued next season.

14 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

The irony is I’ve watched more games this season than usual because I’ve watched away games I would never normally travel to. I would like to see a system where it is only available for away games as I think hardcore fans will go to the matches regardless.

Spot on I wouldnt usually watch at least 21 of the 23 away games live  (I'd go maximum 3 away days as i have a lovely lady who likes the weekend breaks away ),so ifollow has being a tremendous thing I've paid and watched us away at majority this season putting money in coffers of football clubs whether that be Vale or opposition but being able enjoy or loathe the games .

Its brilliant would I want it to end ,No I wouldnt and the 7 quid the clubs get is better than nothing and beats looking at sporting life stats or listening to commentary which at times is bizarre as they give you the feeling at times they are playing well when they are not and rubbish when clearly apart from Mansfield away other than that and maybe Tranmere away and Barrow at home that's clearly not the case .

Keep it I say but do let unscrupulous folk let folk watch it for nothing ,as they just want a freebie and have no real affection for Vale as if they did they would pay and be doing there bit keep the club healthy and kicking .

Archived