onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2021-22 Season Tickets

QuakerVale

20 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

I was speaking to a couple of people in their 70's, one who has been regular for 60+ years and hardly misses a game and seriously considering whether to go again.  They have had 2 letters back from the Vale saying that they will not be getting any money back.  I honestly think that even if there was a gesture of say £30 - £50 for some of those who have not witnessed any matches, I am sure there must be a way to check.  It would be so sad for people who have been going for so many years to walk away which is what a number of people are considering doing.

From a club point of view 50 odd games were played,  the players, management and support staff were paid as in any other season.  Savings would be made by not employing, stewards, gate, and ticketing staff etc but offset by lack of catering etc income.  Where would the refund money come from?  Were the payments for STs access to the on-line home games on the basis that all STs would be viewing?  What was different with these quoted above  than those that did receive  any refunds is not clear,

Advert

On 14/05/2021 at 05:41, Rampant Zebra said:

It will  be interesting. Everyone has had a year off from going to football every other Saturday, some of them won't come back.

Spot on, I said this and have heard it on other forums. My son was going home and away 18 months ago. Last week when I asked him about a season ticket he said No. ! 😪

I won't ever ask for money back no matter what happens. However, watching Port Vale at home for me is a whole of Saturday job living on the Wirral and no longer driving. So I am not demanding a title winning team to justify the journey, but it is very hard to keep motivated to watch dire ball at the bottom of the league. The only plus side then is Wright's pie and I guess Burslem actually has some good pubs. And a good park - but great scenery is available where I live, so that doesn't add much. 

22 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Spot on, I said this and have heard it on other forums. My son was going home and away 18 months ago. Last week when I asked him about a season ticket he said No. ! 😪

I agree in a way that some will not come back and I can see why your son has said No it's a lot of money outlayed if you have no chance of going the games .

Me I wasnt that impressed with the seasons work of the players and its left a sour taste in my mouth the abject way they finished v Mansfield ,probably buy me lad his if he does well with his engineering course but me at present I do not think I would want one as im not impressed with some of the players kept on in my opinion they will never amount too much think some who have being shown the door offer more in my opinion .

Fantastic that 2000 have committed to something they might not see that is applaudable .

UTV 

5 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I do not think I would want one as im not impressed with some of the players kept on in my opinion they will never amount too much think some who have being shown the door offer more in my opinion .

Fantastic that 2000 have committed to something they might not see that is applaudable .

15 players released, 3 transfer listed, 1 transferred, and you're not going to get a ST because you hate in-contract Nathan Smith that much? Really?

So there are two lines of argument here. The first is the survival of the club. Even if we don't recruit well, we must recruit better than the likes of Southend and Grimsby to stay in the league. Second line of argument, OK so I give the club my money and the entertainment value isn't there; then yes I probably may attend less than if it was there and / or we were nearer the top of the league. In other words, with no financial constraint, I give myself choice. 

3 hours ago, Doha said:

15 players released, 3 transfer listed, 1 transferred, and you're not going to get a ST because you hate in-contract Nathan Smith that much? Really?

I do not hate anyone and I could easily change my mind but at present with the new Indian variant I will not be committing to anything as you can be sure there will be yet another lockdown in my opinion .

I will support the Vale other ways if I decide that after a good 30 years of living it and sleeping it (the Vale that is on whatever day of the week there playing ),enough is enough always wondered why ex father in law stopped going and me old man also never understood it but now I do its cause all the commitment and energy you put in to supporting the club eventually takes its toil .

Just hope DC brings in better players players who are winners as I'd say on Brisley for example until he found his way into the team alongside Legge and Smith in a 3 we were totally majority of times with the 2 outmanoeuvred yet he is the one released yet I'm.sure as I paid and watched  majority of the games especially the last 9 he was the best defender alongside Legge and it allowed Smith to shine ,then last game a bit of responsibility for Smith as rested our best defender Legge and what i saw was a abject a performance by the team as on many last games of season we have being subjected to being thrashed which we were it should have being 8 -0 to Mansfield it was disgraceful and as that's the last I remember of watching Vale its indeed not a happy memory so I think can we trust these players deliver (the ones kept that is if that's how they reward the paying customer .

UTV 

10 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I do not hate anyone and I could easily change my mind but at present with the new Indian variant I will not be committing to anything as you can be sure there will be yet another lockdown in my opinion .

I will support the Vale other ways if I decide that after a good 30 years of living it and sleeping it (the Vale that is on whatever day of the week there playing ),enough is enough always wondered why ex father in law stopped going and me old man also never understood it but now I do its cause all the commitment and energy you put in to supporting the club eventually takes its toil .

Just hope DC brings in better players players who are winners as I'd say on Brisley for example until he found his way into the team alongside Legge and Smith in a 3 we were totally majority of times with the 2 outmanoeuvred yet he is the one released yet I'm.sure as I paid and watched  majority of the games especially the last 9 he was the best defender alongside Legge and it allowed Smith to shine ,then last game a bit of responsibility for Smith as rested our best defender Legge and what i saw was a abject a performance by the team as on many last games of season we have being subjected to being thrashed which we were it should have being 8 -0 to Mansfield it was disgraceful and as that's the last I remember of watching Vale its indeed not a happy memory so I think can we trust these players deliver (the ones kept that is if that's how they reward the paying customer .

UTV 

Are you saying we should have kept some of the players who were out of contract and paid off some of those who were under contract??

Archived