2021-22 Season Tickets

9 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Hopefully it won't come to that.  For anyone who shares those concerns there's always the option of a 10 game ticket.

Ray, if there’s only a limited number of spectators allowed into the ground and the club inform us that we have those many ST holders then a ten game ticket is no use, unless you have the internet. I feel sorry for the old couple who have no internet access and can’t have their money back for last season. Why some might claim this, can’t the club check if they’ve registered a email address. I know you can have an email address without the internet but at least it would confirm what fans are saying.  Come on Vsle do the right thing

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I expect a lot of people will leave it until nearer the early bird deadline. Myself included. 

When is the early bird deadline? I have looked but can'r see it. perhaps I'm a bit dim or something! 🙂

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

It will  be interesting. Everyone has had a year off from going to football every other Saturday, some of them won't come back.

I think it will go the other way. People will realise what they have missed and go to more matches than they would have before it all.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, ValeCW said:

I think it will go the other way. People will realise what they have missed and go to more matches than they would have before it all.

I agree, especially with the Euros this summer and fans allowed in, fear of missing out will play a part too. 

Carol has definitely said that people can claim their money back during the season for their season ticket. I'm assuming the reason they will refuse now is because the season is gone and they could have watched all the games online. I appreciate in this case the couple in question haven't but where do you draw the line. I'm not for a second saying they aren't genuine but there isn't anything stopping someone giving Vale a secondary email address that they know wasn't used to register on iFollow which won't show on the system.

It's a real tough one, I can see both sides on this one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Ray, if there’s only a limited number of spectators allowed into the ground and the club inform us that we have those many ST holders then a ten game ticket is no use, unless you have the internet. I feel sorry for the old couple who have no internet access and can’t have their money back for last season. Why some might claim this, can’t the club check if they’ve registered a email address. I know you can have an email address without the internet but at least it would confirm what fans are saying.  Come on Vsle do the right thing

I’m fairly sure with similar numbers of tickets from last year everyone should get a seat in a socially distanced world.  Plans are already in place for this scenario.  Hence 2 seat numbers for anyone who had already renewed or newly purchased a ticket. The only unknown is whether local or total lockdowns will come into force at some point, and for how long.  I still firmly believe fans will get to see many live games next season, but obviously my crystal balls don’t know how many that may be.  I’d think 10 would be a fairly safe bet as it stands.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Row L said:

When is the early bird deadline? I have looked but can'r see it. perhaps I'm a bit dim or something! 🙂

Baggers at the Sentinel has told someone on FB its the end of June but i think that should be announced properly so people know as thats the first time i have seen it

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I was speaking to a couple of people in their 70's, one who has been regular for 60+ years and hardly misses a game and seriously considering whether to go again.  They have had 2 letters back from the Vale saying that they will not be getting any money back.  I honestly think that even if there was a gesture of say £30 - £50 for some of those who have not witnessed any matches, I am sure there must be a way to check.  It would be so sad for people who have been going for so many years to walk away which is what a number of people are considering doing.

20 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

I was speaking to a couple of people in their 70's, one who has been regular for 60+ years and hardly misses a game and seriously considering whether to go again.  They have had 2 letters back from the Vale saying that they will not be getting any money back.  I honestly think that even if there was a gesture of say £30 - £50 for some of those who have not witnessed any matches, I am sure there must be a way to check.  It would be so sad for people who have been going for so many years to walk away which is what a number of people are considering doing.

From a club point of view 50 odd games were played,  the players, management and support staff were paid as in any other season.  Savings would be made by not employing, stewards, gate, and ticketing staff etc but offset by lack of catering etc income.  Where would the refund money come from?  Were the payments for STs access to the on-line home games on the basis that all STs would be viewing?  What was different with these quoted above  than those that did receive  any refunds is not clear,

On 14/05/2021 at 05:41, Rampant Zebra said:

It will  be interesting. Everyone has had a year off from going to football every other Saturday, some of them won't come back.

Spot on, I said this and have heard it on other forums. My son was going home and away 18 months ago. Last week when I asked him about a season ticket he said No. ! 😪

Posted (edited)

I won't ever ask for money back no matter what happens. However, watching Port Vale at home for me is a whole of Saturday job living on the Wirral and no longer driving. So I am not demanding a title winning team to justify the journey, but it is very hard to keep motivated to watch dire ball at the bottom of the league. The only plus side then is Wright's pie and I guess Burslem actually has some good pubs. And a good park - but great scenery is available where I live, so that doesn't add much. 

Edited by Warren