onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2021-22 Season Tickets

QuakerVale

38 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I do not hate anyone and I could easily change my mind but at present with the new Indian variant I will not be committing to anything as you can be sure there will be yet another lockdown in my opinion .

I will support the Vale other ways if I decide that after a good 30 years of living it and sleeping it (the Vale that is on whatever day of the week there playing ),enough is enough always wondered why ex father in law stopped going and me old man also never understood it but now I do its cause all the commitment and energy you put in to supporting the club eventually takes its toil .

Just hope DC brings in better players players who are winners as I'd say on Brisley for example until he found his way into the team alongside Legge and Smith in a 3 we were totally majority of times with the 2 outmanoeuvred yet he is the one released yet I'm.sure as I paid and watched  majority of the games especially the last 9 he was the best defender alongside Legge and it allowed Smith to shine ,then last game a bit of responsibility for Smith as rested our best defender Legge and what i saw was a abject a performance by the team as on many last games of season we have being subjected to being thrashed which we were it should have being 8 -0 to Mansfield it was disgraceful and as that's the last I remember of watching Vale its indeed not a happy memory so I think can we trust these players deliver (the ones kept that is if that's how they reward the paying customer .

UTV 

I would be amazed if we weren't allowed into football again if i am being honest,to many people will of been vaccinated,cant see there being an additional lockdown either,why would there be ??

Advert

14 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I would be amazed if we weren't allowed into football again if i am being honest,to many people will of been vaccinated,cant see there being an additional lockdown either,why would there be ??

Because the vaccine doesn't protect against the Indian one allegedly .

Hope you right and Boris opens everything up but more importantly in order for livelihoods to be given a fighting chance of being reborn as i guess if you have a business the last years being a write off .

15 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Are you saying we should have kept some of the players who were out of contract and paid off some of those who were under contract??

What I am saying is for the majority of season until DC came in the building along with DF and multiple other motivational staff no players in the squad deserved to continue there employment as Port Vale players 

A upturn in our fortunes came through tactical nous  and a change at the back in fact in my opinion two changes at the back, Crookes out Montano back in and Brisley in to help Smith and Legge who were getting exposed frequently I mean 3-1 up v Walsall ,3-2 up going into injury time v Tranmere home ,and Leyton Orient (home ) the three goals conceded v them were beyond shocking so I find it hard to imagine that 2 players who were prominent in us keeping league status were shown the door yet a lad who only resigned for us because no one else wanted him is allowed continue playing for us when its FACT that if any one would have come in for him  last summer he would have being out the door quicker than USIAN Bolt .

So in my opinion which I've stated is that if Brisley and Montano (better consistent players and winners when fit ) are shown the door then i see no case for Smith not to be paid off and also shown the door as he is  being with us years and mainly they havent being particularly good even though his personal performances are good majority of the time he as yet to be in a successful club season side .

I hope DC has made the right call though and he part of a promotion winning team ,after seeing him for many years I have my doubts .Legge generally does far more in games ,personal opinion do not take it to heart two Legges would be far better .

UTV 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Because the vaccine doesn't protect against the Indian one allegedly .

Hope you right and Boris opens everything up but more importantly in order for livelihoods to be given a fighting chance of being reborn as i guess if you have a business the last years being a write off .

0975DD67-C7D9-4C16-A585-668A360063A8.png

On the subject of STs I'm hoping, after reading something a while ago hinting at it, that this season is the season we'll finally see the start of a long overdue formalised loyalty points system, for a multitude of reasons, not least fair access to allocation limited away games. Points that rack up on ST and normal ticket purchases, club shop purchases, each fan being given a unique identifying number which is also the bedrock of a CRM database for ST renewal and marketing.

Long, long overdue.

Something else I'd like to see is the modernisation of the ticketing infrastructure. If your ability to go Vale is sporadic/you live far away then you rely on either having to queue outside the ticket office on a match day, often for ages, or navigating the really archaic, clumsy online system where you have the option of printing one out, which is time consuming and outdated.

The average adult fan has a smartphone. There is a pre-existing club app. Let us quickly buy them through the Vale app using apple/android pay. Generates a QR code or barcode scannable by the readers on the turnstiles like I think the current online system does.

Takes seconds, incredibly convenient for the customer, no unnecessary waste (and sunken costs) generated in ink/paper tickets, secure because apple/android pay requires biometrics like a fingerprint scan/face ID/pin. This tech has existed for years, you can buy street food from a roadside cart contactlessly utilising apple pay, let's get on with the times.

On the subject of STs I'm hoping, after reading something a while ago hinting at it, that this season is the season we'll finally see the start of a long overdue formalised loyalty points system, for a multitude of reasons, not least fair access to allocation limited away games. Points that rack up on ST and normal ticket purchases, club shop purchases, each fan being given a unique identifying number which is also the bedrock of a CRM database for ST renewal and marketing.
Long, long overdue.
Something else I'd like to see is the modernisation of the ticketing infrastructure. If your ability to go Vale is sporadic/you live far away then you rely on either having to queue outside the ticket office on a match day, often for ages, or navigating the really archaic, clumsy online system where you have the option of printing one out, which is time consuming and outdated.
The average adult fan has a smartphone. There is a pre-existing club app. Let us quickly buy them through the Vale app using apple/android pay. Generates a QR code or barcode scannable by the readers on the turnstiles like I think the current online system does.
Takes seconds, incredibly convenient for the customer, no unnecessary waste (and sunken costs) generated in ink/paper tickets, secure because apple/android pay requires biometrics like a fingerprint scan/face ID/pin. This tech has existed for years, you can buy street food from a roadside cart contactlessly utilising apple pay, let's get on with the times.
I dropped my printed ticket for a cup game the once. The scanner on the turnstile wouldn't scan the bar code from the ticket pdf on my phone. Fortunately I then found the ticket on the floor inbetween Hamil road and Lorne street.

COVID-19 is obviously a factor. If I'm told to shield again, then I won't follow the government's go and live in the loft with food parcels passed up advice specifically, but I would definitely not go travelling round on public transport. However, I have to trust government advice of the its safe type and be prepared to go to matches if they say its ok. 

Over 2500 season tickets sold good that decided getting one soon and giving it me son use as I'll probably only be able go a few as lady loves a weekend away .

Be the first time in years I've got one it's more of a thank you to the chairlady than any excitement over the players .

Let's hope the ones brought in can create a atmosphere and get Vale park rocking and beat team like under Rudge we deserved too who were allegedly odds on beat us .

,Hortons team were ok too till we had no money take the club forwards after winning the ldv after finishing that season exceptionally well .

Other than  that and the season under MA when Pope was magnificent most seasons have being average at best .

Think the last season ticket I had was after Page got fired and all players downed tools at home v Walsall and Burton with ridiculously low levels of anything associated with football and effort at its worst like v Mansfield last game last  season and another season where we lost 0-4 at home too them with what it seemed like a team with no defence .

So I hope my son gets to see better and me also the  games  where I'll be able go then my son will have to pay get in on them occasions. 

UTV 

Don't disagree, but with 'freedom day' now seemingly in jeopardy, I think it will be more at the end of the month, so long as it looks like fans will be allowed back in

I think once signings get announced and the deadline approaches we will hit the 4k mark now,hopefully more

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived