Jump to content

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City


Fosse69
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Ironically said Darrell Clarke was a world-class manager after his first win. Walsall fans thought it was funny.

No irony in it now. This is the best run of form I've ever seen, with a squad we'd all considered one of the worst in recent history.

Up the Dazzling, Rampant Whites.

“We’d all considered” ...I wish people would just speak for themselves.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 minute ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I see the Gas and Swindon are both relegated from league 1.  I always disliked away days at Swindon.  It feels like we've had a few too many spankings at their place over the years.

WIll be 2 tough teams next season that you would think will be up there challenging.

Personal history for Clarke with the Rovers games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


1 hour ago, philmpv said:

I think that's what is irritating me so much, particularly the closer we get to the play offs. This squad is clearly capable of doing it and, but for the complete meltdown midseason, we would probably have done it. For reasons none of us will ever know, the players decided that they wanted a change and downed tools to facilitate that, at the cost of the play offs. Blame JAs tactics all you want, but tactics, at least to me, don't excuse any players for not making challenges, not running, making idiotic tackles (primarily Joyce and Legge), and failing to give 100% (as they're clearly now doing). We deserved more but, especially, so did Carol and Kevin. I'm finding it difficult to forgive this squad because of that

Phil I agree with what your saying apart from the bad run was due to the players were not giving 100% but having said that the high press which had been a successful feature of last season and early this season under JA wasn't happening.

IMHO the bad run wasn't due to one thing but a number of "smaller" things, eg loss of key players to injury (Gibbo, Worrall, Oyeleke, Montano), loss of form of key players at the same time (Legge and Smith), bumping into in form teams one after the other, poor refereeing decisions at key moments in the game (Joyce vs Tranmere), worldie goals by the opposition, the ball not running for Vale at key moments etc etc and the subsequent loss of confidence that followed.

During the bad run Vale played some nice football but didn't get the results, better than some of the football we've played under DC and won but I'm like every other Vale fan I'll take the W any day.

I've still not heard what happened with Mitch Clarke and why he went back to Leicester early as he was a superb player at this level.

Exactly what happened to cause the bad run we'll probably never know but I've always posted and considered that there are many good players in this squad and thankfully DF/DC have righted the ship and hopefully this great form can continue into and right through next season. DF/DC have a real conundrum now in who to keep/let go.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I see the Gas and Swindon are both relegated from league 1.  I always disliked away days at Swindon.  It feels like we've had a few too many spankings at their place over the years.

 

 

Basically a 45 game season with them in the same division 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I see the Gas and Swindon are both relegated from league 1.  I always disliked away days at Swindon.  It feels like we've had a few too many spankings at their place over the years.

 

 

Agree I hate going Swindon, one year I paid 25 quid for a ticket and my seat had been repaired with a piece of plywood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

“We’d all considered” ...I wish people would just speak for themselves.

'Many of us' considered, then. You win the Pedantry Prize! Very cool.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Phil I agree with what your saying apart from the bad run was due to the players were not giving 100% but having said that the high press which had been a successful feature of last season and early this season under JA wasn't happening.

IMHO the bad run wasn't due to one thing but a number of "smaller" things, eg loss of key players to injury (Gibbo, Worrall, Oyeleke, Montano), loss of form of key players at the same time (Legge and Smith), bumping into in form teams one after the other, poor refereeing decisions at key moments in the game (Joyce vs Tranmere), worldie goals by the opposition, the ball not running for Vale at key moments etc etc and the subsequent loss of confidence that followed.

During the bad run Vale played some nice football but didn't get the results, better than some of the football we've played under DC and won but I'm like every other Vale fan I'll take the W any day.

I've still not heard what happened with Mitch Clarke and why he went back to Leicester early as he was a superb player at this level.

Exactly what happened to cause the bad run we'll probably never know but I've always posted and considered that there are many good players in this squad and thankfully DF/DC have righted the ship and hopefully this great form can continue into and right through next season. DF/DC have a real conundrum now in who to keep/let go.

DC has got a great team spirit a never say die attitude that was lacking under Askey. Noticed two of the Vale lads giving a high 5 after breaking down one attack in what really was anothing game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


21 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Clarke is surely nailed on to win League 2 April Manager Of The Month.......which means we'll inevitably lose the very next game at Grimsby! 😆

Quite likely not to be announced until after the weekend, so  Mansfield more at risk? 😃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mario said:

DC has got a great team spirit a never say die attitude that was lacking under Askey. Noticed two of the Vale lads giving a high 5 after breaking down one attack in what really was anothing game

Bantams manager claiming of lack of effort in his players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I have to say, it’s job done for this season for Clarke. Really don’t think he could have done much more tbh. He came into what I can only describe as a hopeless situation and one where, as I’ve said numerous times, we didn’t know where the next shot on target was coming from let alone point. To think that we’ve hit not just 50, but actually 60 points with 2 games left, is pretty remarkable. Looking forward to next season, with other big away day / sub-par performance beckoning at Rochdale and the inevitable trouncing at Swindle, but do think better times are coming.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

WIll be 2 tough teams next season that you would think will be up there challenging.

Personal history for Clarke with the Rovers games.

I can see Bristol Rovers been up there challenging but Swindon look a right mess, talk of going into administration, think they need 3 million by June to avoid this, its then 2 from Rochdale, Northampton, Wigan and Wimbledon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


3 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

I can see Bristol Rovers been up there challenging but Swindon look a right mess, talk of going into administration, think they need 3 million by June to avoid this, its then 2 from Rochdale, Northampton, Wigan and Wimbledon.

Great chippy at Rochdale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here

    Please check with site staff if you wish to sell, auction or raffle any items on here. We are very happy to support good causes but do ask you to check with us first - Contact us here




×
×
  • Create New...