onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bradford City

Fosse69

Advert

57 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Workmanlike performance by Vale, defense were excellent.

DF/DC have some serious thinking to do, particularly who to let go/keep.

There’s a clear tiered system at Vale, and I really think it’ll be down to who he’s able to release, not who he wants to keep.

There’s a clear tiered system at Vale, and I really think it’ll be down to who he’s able to release, not who he wants to keep.
Excuse me for being thick, but what do you mean by that? Are you saying that decisions on retentions will be above his pay grade?

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, 1 said:

Excuse me for being thick, but what do you mean by that? Are you saying that decisions on retentions will be above his pay grade?

I mean there’s players at the top of the tree we’d definitely want to keep / extend, and players that DC will want to get rid of and I doubt there’s any real surprises in there or any players many fans would disagree with. I think the only issue he’ll have is whether he’ll be able to move on the players he doesn’t want. Though he’s extended Hurst so that theory may be completely wrong. I imagine the retained list will be released not long at all after Mansfield.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Ironically said Darrell Clarke was a world-class manager after his first win. Walsall fans thought it was funny.

No irony in it now. This is the best run of form I've ever seen, with a squad we'd all considered one of the worst in recent history.

Up the Dazzling, Rampant Whites.

“We’d all considered” ...I wish people would just speak for themselves.

1 minute ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I see the Gas and Swindon are both relegated from league 1.  I always disliked away days at Swindon.  It feels like we've had a few too many spankings at their place over the years.

WIll be 2 tough teams next season that you would think will be up there challenging.

Personal history for Clarke with the Rovers games.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

I think that's what is irritating me so much, particularly the closer we get to the play offs. This squad is clearly capable of doing it and, but for the complete meltdown midseason, we would probably have done it. For reasons none of us will ever know, the players decided that they wanted a change and downed tools to facilitate that, at the cost of the play offs. Blame JAs tactics all you want, but tactics, at least to me, don't excuse any players for not making challenges, not running, making idiotic tackles (primarily Joyce and Legge), and failing to give 100% (as they're clearly now doing). We deserved more but, especially, so did Carol and Kevin. I'm finding it difficult to forgive this squad because of that

Phil I agree with what your saying apart from the bad run was due to the players were not giving 100% but having said that the high press which had been a successful feature of last season and early this season under JA wasn't happening.

IMHO the bad run wasn't due to one thing but a number of "smaller" things, eg loss of key players to injury (Gibbo, Worrall, Oyeleke, Montano), loss of form of key players at the same time (Legge and Smith), bumping into in form teams one after the other, poor refereeing decisions at key moments in the game (Joyce vs Tranmere), worldie goals by the opposition, the ball not running for Vale at key moments etc etc and the subsequent loss of confidence that followed.

During the bad run Vale played some nice football but didn't get the results, better than some of the football we've played under DC and won but I'm like every other Vale fan I'll take the W any day.

I've still not heard what happened with Mitch Clarke and why he went back to Leicester early as he was a superb player at this level.

Exactly what happened to cause the bad run we'll probably never know but I've always posted and considered that there are many good players in this squad and thankfully DF/DC have righted the ship and hopefully this great form can continue into and right through next season. DF/DC have a real conundrum now in who to keep/let go.

Archived